June, the sixth month of the year. A lot has happened in this month. Some of the events which caught my attention…
· 1631 Mumtaz Mahal died during childbirth. Her husband, Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, then spent more than 20 years to build her tomb, the Taj Mahal.
· 1786 First commercially-made ice cream sold (NY)
· 1804 Grieving over the death of his wife, Marie Clothilde, king Charles Emmanuel IV of Sardinia abdicates his throne in favor of his brother, Victor Emmanuel.
· 1822 Charles Graham receives a patent for false teeth
· 1885 At a murder trial in France, a roof collapses, killing 30 people.
· 1892 Benjamin Harrison becomes the first President of the United States to attend a baseball game.
· 1897 Mark Twain, responding to rumors that he was dead at age 61, is quoted by the New York Journal as saying: “The report of my death was an exaggeration.”
· 1938 Superman Comics launched
· 1939 King & Queen of England taste first “hot dogs” at FDR’s party
· 1942 Anne Frank begins to keep a diary.
· 1969 The first Internet connection was created when network control protocol packets were sent from the data port of one IMP to another
· 1981 Heaviest known orange (2.5 kg) exhibited, Nelspruit, S Africa
· 1990 CNN, the Cable News Network, makes its debut
· 1991 German parliament decides to move the capital from Bonn back to Berlin.
· 1999 The Bhutan Broadcasting Service brings television transmissions to the Kingdom for the first time.
· 2004 SpaceShipOne becomes the first privately funded spaceplane to achieve spaceflight.
· 2005 Canada becomes the third country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage.
· 2007 Apple iPhone goes on sale in the United States.
· 2009 SHILPA GARG PLEDGES TO POST 1 BLOG A DAY.