I love fiction…reading it I mean!
Some time back, I explored fiction books from relatively unknown but talented young INDIAN authors. And the ones which got me started were:
- The Zoya Factor by Anuja Chauhan
- Keep Off The Grass by Karan Bajaj
- Chetan Bhagat’s trilogy (Very popular now!)
- Of Course I Love You…Till I Find Someone Better…by Durjoy Datta and Maanvi Ahuja
- That Thing Called Love by Tuhin A Sinha
- Anything For You, Ma’am by Tushar Raheja
And I was hooked! What attracted me to these Indian works? Relationships in contemporary and urban set-up, unassuming, and down-to-earth language, large dollops of humor and fun, some are pretty hilarious and eclectic too and all are modestly priced!
So last week, when I got an opportunity to visit the Crossword in the pink city, I felt it was an opportune moment to conquer the Indian authors. So at one go, I bought seven books written by our Indian brethren. What caught my fancy this time…
- Almost Single by Advaita Kala
- Dollar Bahu by Sudha Murty
- A Thing Beyond Forever by Novoneel Chakraborty
- Those Small Lil Things In Life and Love by Rahul Saini
- Nothing For You My Dear Still I Love You…! by Arpit Dugar
- 34 Bubblegums And Candies by Preeti Shenoy
- I Too Had A Love Story.. by Ravinder Singh
Currently, the New Moon by Stephenie Meyer is lying on my bedside table. Once I absorb the 594 odd pages of this book, I’d be able to lose myself in the world created by our Indian authors! Can’t wait for that!
PS: Which is Your favorite Indian book and author??