Disclaimer I: This is a post truly from a woman’s point of view!!
A social life busier than a Page 3 socialite aptly described our last week.
Birthday party, Anniversary party, Christmas party, farewell parties (2), picnic lunch, Just-Like-That party, Weekend party…
And the ingredients of these parties were 3 GFs…
- Great Friends,
- Good Food and
- Gallons of Flammable Liquid.
And what caught my fancy this time was the Flammable Liquid or the Liquid Diet (LD), which is an integral part of (almost) all parties!
Based on some observations, the LD consumers seen in social gatherings can be classified into various categories:
- Touch-Me-Nots : Every woman secretly wishes her man to be like them!! No, they are not necessarily in the TDH category nor are they epitome of all virtues. But one virtue they surely possess is that they do not touch the alcoholic beverages at all. They are mostly the target for ridicule and fun by the people who are hardcore fans of the LD. But nothing deters these guys and they firmly stick to their guns and firmly stick to the juices and colas, the entire evening.
- Neither Here Nor There : These are the people who somehow gave in to the temptation or the pressure and have half heartedly joined the Liquid Dieter’s Club. So while they take pride in being a part of the gang, they do not enjoy it completely and are seen nursing the drink for the entire evening or even abandoning it half way!
- Mera-Wala Drink Only : Very specific about their taste and preferences, these guys would have nothing but their own ‘mera-wala drink’. And ‘mera-wala drink’ could be only Wines, or only Beer or only Rum with Coke or only Scotch on the rocks!! And if that’s not available, they’ll not have any of it!!
- There’s No Tomorrow : Ah, the die hard fans of LD, they’d drink at a party like a fish or like there’s no tomorrow. One can see them downing one drink after the other at a break neck speed and would probably be the last people to leave the party.
- The Principled : They are into the LD, but are guided by certain principles even in this field. They abstain from touching the LD on certain days of the week (a Tuesday or a Thursday…) or some festive occasions, religiously. They’d have only a drink or two as per their plan and would never give in to the temptation or the peer pressure or the constant persuasions by their brethren.
- The Transformers : These men, just can’t hold their drinks and would be hell bent on transforming themselves into the jackasses at every party. While their spouses nudge or cajole them, plead or sternly rebuke them, but all falls flat and the transformers complete their act of transformation, much to the embarrassment or amusement of others.
- The Heavyweights : These are the heavyweights of the LD club and are proud to be one. They can drink a lot, without ever being transformers. And usually hang out in a party till the very end. They sometimes act as transporters for the transformers by dropping them back home.
- Playing Secret Secret : These are the guys who itch to drink but can’t due to the terror threats given by their better halves. So they secretly have a sip here and a gulp there from somebody’s drink, away from the prying eyes of the wifey. And later stuff their mouths with mints or other mouth fresheners! (Based on the suggestion given by Miss_Nobody! Thank you Sweta!!)
And now a penny for your thoughts…Seen any other types??
Disclaimer II : Whether to use or not to use the LD is an individual’s decision.
Just as Anonymous said, “Your body is a temple, but keep the spirits on the outside”.
While, Frank Sinatra, once said, “Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the Bible says love your enemy.”