This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 9; the ninth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.
Ah! A Fool!!…
Yes, a Fool! Lots of them around us. Try telling them something of sense and they’d label you as a fool.
Based on experience, of course, personal, have come to a conclusion that they come in different forms and sizes.
Presenting the various Fools around us (and sure some foolish roles are played with panache by you know who!!):
- Emotional Fool : They are in abundance. Usually, women are the main contenders for this distinction but I feel, men give equal competition. They say, emotions should be felt and expressed in carefully controlled way and those who are unable to control them are considered as Emotional Fools. Know them??
- Damn Fool : They are not rare either. They entertain or irritate you with their very stupid ways and acts. Seen them lately?
- Bloody Fool : They are a shade more intense than the former. So, a bit more deadly.
- Fortune’s Fool: In Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, just after Romeo kills Tybalt, Romeo exclaims, “O, I am fortune’s fool!”. He meant that “fortune” (chance, bad luck) had played him for a fool by leading him to kill the cousin of his new wife, Juliet.
Hmm…can’t help if your bad luck is bad. Experienced that, eh?
- Motley Fool : These are the professional clowns employed, to entertain a king or nobleman in the Middle Ages and now us in amusement parks and entertainment events/parties. Saw 2 of them in a party early this week, one was the Charlie Chaplin and the other was our very old circus clown. I somehow feel very sad for them.
- Nobody’s Fool : Nah! They are not fools. They are people who cannot be duped or taken advantage of. I know, you are thinking about whom!!
- Intelligent Fool : Wondering!! Yes, it seems they come in this intelligent form too. Albert Einstein said, “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction”. Pretty profound!
- Greater Fool : Actually, it’s a theory and it is a ‘Belief held by one who makes a questionable investment, with the assumption that he/she will be able to sell it later to a bigger fool!! What a great belief!!
- Gooseberry Fool : You don’t see them around you, but could taste them. Believe me, you will not say “EEEKS” but surely, “Yummy”!! Gooseberry Fool is a dessert made of stewed or puréed gooseberries and fragrant elderflower cordial mixed with cream or custard and served cold.
- Act the Fool : Oh! Don’t be fooled. They are not fools! But deliberately act silly and are wise enough to play the fool, may be amuse others or for some motive!! Smart chaps, actually! (This categorization comes to you courtesy Venky. Thank you! )
Oh! That’s a lot of Fools for a day!
Leaving you with a funny quote by George W Bush, “You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on”!!
Do I see the mirror image of my wicked grin??