When Chef’s @ Home
It was a long weekend this week.
As a resultant to that, woke up at 8 am with a start, the next day, as it suddenly dawned that it was the Parent Teacher Meet at the kid’s school.
Got ready in a jiffy and then woke the kid and pestered him to get ready too. In the meanwhile, lined up the work for the maids and a glass of milk for the kid and by 8.45 am, the kid and I were out of the home.
After finishing the meeting at school, as soon as I sat in the car in peace, my tummy gave a big loud growl. It was its way of telling that I had not even had my ‘bed’ tea and was starving!
Immediately, I called up hubby who was enjoying the highlights of some very old cricket match at home and told him to prepare something to eat for us. Now, these are the perks of having a partner who is passionate about cooking, who can create magic in the kitchen at a moment’s notice, any time. Of course, you need to excuse the mess that’s created along with the magic!
When we reached home, the first sight that hit my eyes was the beautifully laid plates for us on the dining table.
It’s innovated by hubby!
And here’s the secret recipe for that…
· Gram Flour (Besan) : 1 cup
· Aniseed (Ajwain) : 1/2 tsp
· Cumin Seeds (Jeera) : 1/2 tsp
· Fennel Seeds (Saunf) : 1/2 tsp
· Turmeric Powder : 1/4th tsp
· Red Chilli Powder to taste
· Salt to taste
· Cheese Spread : 3 Tbsp
· Chive (onion) : 1 finely chopped
· Chilli (green) : 2 finely chopped.
· Bread : 6 slices cut into triangles
· Oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients of the batter to form a batter of thick consistency.
- Whisk all the 3 Cs of the filling too.
- Apply a layer of the filling in between the 2 bread slices.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dip bread sandwich in the batter and fry till crisp on medium flame.
- Serve the Double Decker 3C Sandwich Pakora hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.