It is the most important need of one and all, here. Usually, I have to remind myself to drink water but not any more. The heat compels me to drink water every few minutes.
In fact, drinking water is not only an important need but it is healthy to do so too. Here are 10 reasons why drinking water is healthy…
- Look younger with healthier skin: When the skin is properly hydrated, it looks young. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increases skin elasticity.
- Lose weight: Drinking water helps to lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water reduces hunger, it’s an effective appetite suppressant. Also, water has zero calories.
- Relieves fatigue: Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. If our body lacks water, our heart needs to work harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells, and the pressure on rest of the vital organs increases, which results in tiredness and lethargy.
- Cushions and lubes joints and muscles :Proper hydration helps keep the joints and muscles lubricated, so there are less likelihood of cramps and sprains.
- Energizes and helps to stay alert : Our brain is mostly made up of water, thus drinking water helps us to think better and be more alert.
- Better at exercise: Drinking water regulates the body temperature. That means we’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises. Water also helps to fuel our muscle.
- Helps in digestion : Drinking water raises your metabolism because it helps in digestion. Fibre and water goes hand in hand so that we can have our daily bowel movement, easily
- Natural remedy for headache: Water helps to relieve headache and back pains due to dehydration. Although many reasons contribute to headache, dehydration is the common one.
- Reduce the risk of cancer: Related to the digestive system, some studies show that drinking a healthy amount of water may reduce the risks of bladder cancer and colon cancer. Water dilutes the concentration of cancer-causing agents in the urine and shortens the time in which they are in contact with bladder lining.
- Good mood: Water is great mood enhancer. Drinking water makes our body feels very good and that’s why we feel happy.
Water is truly the elixir of life. So go on and have that glass of water NOW!!
This post is a part of May Photo A Day.