UBC Day 2 : Why I Love Participating in Blog Challenges
Ten Reasons : Why I Love Blog Challenges
This is my 6th daily blogging challenge. While I did the first 3 in isolation, the last 2 were done in a group. The experience of the last 2 everyday blogging challenges has left quite an impression on me. So, here are the reasons why I love taking up blogging challenges…
- Camaraderie : I guess, this is the foremost reason for doing blog challenges now. I simply love and enjoy the camaraderie of these virtual community events. The support from fellow bloggers and fun of flocking at each other’s blog is simply amazing.
- Active grey cells : Thinking about a new blog post everyday keeps the grey cells active… very active! Everything I look at, is from a blogging perspective, during these challenges. Also, these challenges certainly push me to think out of the box.
- Keeps me motivated : With a fabulous group of fellow bloggers to support and cheer you, who wouldn’t be motivated and excited to read and write everyday!!
- A good daily habit : “We first make our habits, and then our habits make us”, said John Dryden. Doing something every day is such a powerful way to form a habit and nothing is more satisfying and enriching than developing a daily habit of reading and writing!
- Develop a new network : I discovered a new set of bloggers during the A to Z Challenge and some more during the FMS May Photo Challenge. It is interesting to discover new styles, new perspectives and newer like minded virtual friends.
- A learning experience : Everyday one learns something new. A new outlook to an issue, some new blogging techniques, a different presentation, some interesting interactions… During the A to Z Challenge, I was amazed that a blogger (Bhavya) wrote a story from A to Z, while another kept the readers busy by getting them to crack codes and puzzles….
- A positive and much needed bonus : Yes, everyday writing has some positive effect on the overall writing style, or so I like to believe. 😉 Also it gives me some more clarity of thought and helps crystallize the random thoughts better.
- Crazy fun : Brainstorming over the phone or chatting on Whatsapp or discussing in a forum, interacting on the blogs is some crazy fun which I simply love.
- Challenging self : Martin Luther King Jr said, the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge … and I agree with him. Only after we accept the challenges, we can feel the exhilaration of achievement and success.
- There’s something more… : The month long of blogging gives you some big and small, shiny and creative badges to display proudly on the blog. 😉
Do these reasons excite you to take up a blogging challenge next time?