I am list person. I usually keep To-Do Lists for almost everything. My notepad in my bag has the regular grocery lists, list of books I need to read/buy, list of tasks that needs attention in and around home, options for the dinner menu when friends are invited home, list of gadgets/articles that ‘should’ be bought sooner or later… yes even that!
I believe, that when I write things down the probability of getting that task done is very high. Making lists also helps to prioritise tasks that needs immediate attention vis-a-vis those that can be taken up at a later date.
While, I like to believe that I am a very organised person, some self-reflection revealed that all is not not well on the ‘self’ front. The thought that’s buzzing in my head is “am I doing the thing I most need to be doing right now?” And the answer is NO.
After some soul-searching and taking stock of situation, I have decided that these 7 things should be a part of my daily life.
- Reiki : I have seen the miracles of Reiki in my life. It has helped me to stay calm and relaxed in stressful situations, to have a positive attitude and most importantly it has healed me in many ways. I was regularly practicing it for some time, till I abandoned it altogether. An inspiring post from a friend, awakened the need to make Reiki a way of life for me again.
- Walk : I have an on and off, well mostly ‘off’ affair with daily exercises or walks. While the full length reflection in the mirror brings about a grimace, still it has not resulted in me taking that step towards good health and well-being. Today, being the beginning of a new month, I am inspired to push myself to walk everyday.
- Read : Books are my love, my passion. There was a time when I would read 3-4 books in a week. But now courtesy the smart phone, laptop, I am forever glued to these gadgets for games and messaging, reading tweets and facebooking. I have a huge pile of unread books waiting to be explored and savoured. Reading books has to once again become an integral part of my daily routine.
- Cut-down on Social Media : My day starts with Facebook, Twitter and ends with it! Though, I am not at all active in posting updates or pictures or tweets or links, but I am forever staring at my timeline or wall. As if being away from it will impact my life tremendously. Even while writing this post, I must have checked my FB wall a dozen times! Yes, it is impacting my life, in the sense that I waste so much of the time that can be used to do some constructive activity or task.
- Let Go : Replaying the past over and over again and worrying about the future is a sure shot recipe for not living in the present. This is something I have to train myself to do… enjoy the present moment!
- Some More Discipline : I guess, a bit more commitment towards ‘early to bed and early to rise’, good healthy eating habits, blogging…
- Gratitude : The day when I sit and close my eyes, and think about what I’m grateful for and who I’m grateful for, it gives me that happy and calm feeling and a smile lingers the entire day. It is certainly a good idea to practice this every day and be thankful for all the blessings in your life.
At the end of the day, I will ensure that I have a ‘Tick’ against all these, from now on, till they become a habit!
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st – 7th September 2013.
Images courtesy : Google Images