A to Z Challenge 2014 : News and Views
April is just around the corner and we are gearing up for the Blogging from A to Z April 2014 Challenge. As you know, I have volunteered to assist the co-hosts this year, as a lot needs to be done behind the scenes. Yes, already more than 1200 bloggers have signed up for this mega blogging event.
My co-host is the amazing AJ who blogs at Naturally Sweet. AJ is a published author, her first book was Armageddon: Pick Your Plot co-written with her good friend Dan. Pick Your Plot books are interactive fiction, which means that we as a reader, get to decide where the story goes. Fun, isnt it? Armageddon explores end-world prophecies and has 42 story endings – and we the readers die in 33 of them. Hey, it says Armageddon! What else can be expected? She is currently finishing a second book called Sky Pirates: Pick Your Plot which will come out this year. When she is not writing (or at her “real job”) she is usually outside gardening, hiking or running.
I am thrilled to share with you that AJ has featured me on her blog. You may like to say Hi to AJ (and me) there!
The air is abuzz with excitement as the April festivities are about to begin. Are you joining us this April? All you have to do is sign up for the challenge here.
Reasons you may ask? Well, I’ll share my reasons to join this A to Z Challenge 2014:
- Camaraderie : I simply love and enjoy the camaraderie of these virtual community events. The support from fellow bloggers and fun of flocking at each other’s blog is simply amazing.
- Active grey cells : Thinking about a new blog post everyday keeps the grey cells active… very active! Everything I look at, is from a blogging perspective, during these challenges. Also, these challenges certainly push me to think out of the box.
- Keeps me motivated : With a fabulous group of fellow bloggers to support and cheer you, who wouldn’t be motivated and excited to read and write everyday!!
- A good daily habit : “We first make our habits, and then our habits make us”, said John Dryden. Doing something every day is such a powerful way to form a habit and nothing is more satisfying and enriching than developing a daily habit of reading and writing!
- Develop a new network : I discovered a new set of bloggers during the last A to Z Challenge and some more during the FMS May Photo Challenge. It is interesting to discover new styles, new perspectives and newer like minded virtual friends.
- A learning experience : Everyday one learns something new. A new outlook to an issue, some new blogging techniques, a different presentation, some interesting interactions…
- Challenging self : Martin Luther King Jr said, the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge … and I agree with him. Only after we accept the challenges, we can feel the exhilaration of achievement and success.
Do these reasons excite you to join us for Blogging from A to Z April 2014 Challenge?? Believe me, it is a whole lot of fun and much more!