Prime Minister Narendra Modi, kick-started the ‘Swach Bharat Abhiyaan’ or ‘Clean India’ campaign on Gandhi Jayanti, October 2, this year. The aim of this campaign to clean up India and improve sanitation facilities.
As Gandhiji said, “Change begins from home”. While a lot has to be done by the local civic bodies and government, I believe the real people who can make The Swach Bharat Abhiyaan a success is the common man. There will be no expected participation unless people’s attitude towards cleanliness and its importance changes. The masses, are the real power and they should be involved in the process of cleaning India.
Each an every citizen of India has to become an active participant in this campaign.
- A larger percentage of our society still live under unhygienic conditions. A lot of awareness has to be build in that strata of the society. If every Indian inculcates clean hygienic habits we can go a long way in curbing this menace.
- While people believe in keeping their homes clean but do not hesitate to throw anything outside their homes. The mindset that a small packet of chips or a cigarette butt is miniscule in comparison to the existing garbage around, has to change.
- If somebody is littering around, one should not hesitate to pick that garbage or speak to the person who did it wrong in the first place.
- Reduce-Reuse-Recycle – should be the mantra that should be followed by one and all.
- Solid and liquid waste management should be adopted in every housing society.
- The youth can act as Model Good Citizens and Volunteers. They should be encouraged to take up careers and act as entrepreneurs in fields like Sanitation, City Planning, Waste Management, Water Treatment, Green Infrastructure, Sustainable Development etc.
- Children need to be educated about cleanliness as early as possible. Personal hygiene and segregation of waste should be subjects taught in preschool and primary schools across the country.
One man has shown us the path, the light, now it is up to the 1.5 billion people of our country to join hands together and help make a cleaner India.
Strepsils, has launched its first digital marketing campaign called #AbMontuBolega. The campaign nudges people to speak up and raise their opinion.It urges people to “Speak your Heart out! Khol Ke Bolo”. #AbMontuBolega campaign wants the youth of India to emerge and bring forth their rightful opinion with Montu because a Montu exists in everyone.
I am raising my voice for a cleaner India. Will you join me in this campaign?
Let’s exercise the power of our voice and work towards a Swach Bharat