With a lot of work related travel, I have a pretty hectic pace of life. Recently, I came to know that Bharti Airtel has introduced My Airtel App for Android phone, which lets you access any Airtel service from wherever you are. Now, that’s something I need the most. We use Airtel’s Fixed Line and Broadband service for our office. So, I decided to check out this app.
Once I downloaded the app through Google Play store, which was like a breeze, I found that this app is a simple way to manage all Airtel services viz Prepaid/Postpaid Mobile, Fixed Line, Broadband, Digital TV Connections. Though this app, I could check outstanding bill and un-billed amount, recharge account, make payments, activate or deactivate any VAS service like astrology, jokes etc. Users can also raise requests/ complaints and track their status. Customers of company’s DTH service Airtel Digital TV can also order movies and games via the app.
As I explored the app a bit more, I quite like the interface and the ease of navigation.
Here are some of the features that I liked about My Airtel App :
- I Want To : This feature allows me to make Bill Payments, Recharge, Buy Packs, Record a Program, Order Games, View Balance, Data Consumed and Check Recharge History.
When I clicked on Pay, the bill details of our Office Fixed Line number and DSL account no. showed automatically on the screen. I could view the payment history, bill summary and email bill to my registered email id too. However, the only payment option that appears is through Saved cards. And since, I don’t have any saved cards on my phone, I navigated the payment option through the main menu and I got the message “Something seems to have gone wrong/ Please try after some time”. Repeated attempts met with the same message. Will try it again a bit later. The website claims safe and secured payments because of the PCIDSS certification with real time bill tracking, which gives me a lot of comfort and convenience. So, I am hoping that it’s just a temporary network/system error/glitch which gets sorted soon and I am able to make my payment through this app.
- Shake Your Phone: This is another interesting feature of My Airtel App. Yes, all one has to do is shake their phone to get exclusive offers across categories like shopping, food, wellness, entertainment, from popular brands like Yatra, Pepperfry, Goibibo, Jabong, Zovi, Cafe Coffee Day, Archies, Foodpanda, Travel Guru etc.
- Other Services : There are a lot of other services that one can enjoy through My Airtel App like
- Add or Remove Airtel Services
- Explore Wynk : Browse, search, stream and download songs
- One Touch Internet : Easiest way to learn internet for Airtel Prepaid Users
- Airtel Live : One stop shop for all content viz latest songs, music videos, online games, movies. It also can be used to watch TV shows, play contests and get cricket updates, alerts & more.
- The app now also offers notification alerts for low balance, low data, pack expiry and due date for payments.
I found the My Airtel App to be a simple, easy and user-friendly app, to manage all the Airtel services. That I can do all this through my smartphone, anytime and anywhere and is right in my hands all the time, is a big wow and adds a lot of convenience in my hectic schedule too! My Airtel App certainly makes my life a bit simpler and easier.
You may also check out more details at http://www.airtel.in/myairtel