(A) “In the morning I woke like a sloth in the fog.”― Leslie Connor
(B) “Every new day gives me ceaseless hope to reach out for my dreams”― Lailah Gifty Akita
Which of these two describe your mornings?
Did you say that mornings are not the best part of the day for you? Did you hit the snooze button one more time today? Or snuggled under the quilt to catch some more sleep for just 5 minutes? And when you finally got up from the bed, you ran through your routine like a robot. Aah! You lament that you never have enough time in the morning! Believe me, you are not alone!!
Though you may be doing this almost every day, there is a realization at the back of your mind that throwing away the covers and waking up with a spring in the step is the key to a good morning. Starting your day on a happy and relaxed note greatly increases your chances of a healthy and productive day. In fact giving a good start to the day, sets the tone of the whole day ahead. Yes, the way you start your morning can make or break the rest of your day.
Hal Elrod, author of “The Miracle Morning”, says that if you win the morning, you win the day. He has a routine called SAVERS, to start the day off right.
The SAVERS acronym for Silence, Affirmations, Visualization, Exercise, Reading and Scribing, reminds us of six habits or rituals that can improve our morning routines.
Here’s how you can incorporate SAVERS in your daily routine and win the morning and the day ahead.
- Silence : Meditation, Prayers, Breathing. Whatever it is for you, the idea is to quiet your mind and block out the chatter and the start the day with calm thoughts.
- Affirmations : Encouraging words you tell yourself to achieve your goals, overcome fears, be healthy and happy, and live out your purpose.
- Visualization : Imagine yourself doing each thing, step by step that you need to do to accomplish your goals. Them imagine what it will feel like when you succeed.
- Exercise : It doesn’t have to be powerlifting or long distance running. Just do some bodyweight exercises for 5 minutes to get the oxygen flowing to the brain.
- Reading : Fill your brain with positive thoughts and ideas to improve yourself. Learn the knowledge of people who have accomplished the things you want to do,
- Scribing : Writing or journaling is a great way to process your thoughts and reflect on your life. It will help you to be more self aware and more articulate.
Making SAVERS as a part of your daily morning works wonders because it…
- Helps create a positive mental attitude
- Increases self confidence
- Keeps you focussed as you achieve your daily goals
- Infuses energy and enthusiasm in your day
- Gives you time to review and reflect
Morning will come, it has no choice, but it is up to you to make your good mornings into Gold Mornings with SAVERS #Colgate360GoldMornings