Writing today’s post had been on my mind, since yesterday. A blank Windows Live Writer had been staring at me since yesterday. I stared at it for a few more minutes and then went on to check the Facebook notification alert. I spent a few minutes on my timeline and then clicked on a link that led me to Twinkle Khanna’s latest article. I read it and smiled and then moved on to another link of some another article and suddenly I realized that I had a task at hand.
I came back to the blank Windows Live Writer and stared at it for some more time. So, the thing is that I want to write but I just don’t know what to write.
A voice in my head said, write what you know. Writing about what I am sure of or am familiar with would be easy, I thought. Well, I wouldn’t know, until I made an attempt to do so.
So here I go with the list of things I know for sure…
- I know how it feels to lose an unborn child.
- I know that one small, thoughtful gesture can make a big difference in someone’s day/life.
- I know what it’s like to struggle and wait for the success to come your way.
- I know what it’s like to have to sell one’s most prized possession.
- I know how it feels to buy it back too.
- I know how it’s like to risk everything for an idea.
- I know what it is like to hold on to the past.
- I know for sure how freeing it is to let go.
- I know what it’s like to live with fear of death of your loved ones.
- I know what it feels like to lose hope and then finding it back again.
- I know what it is to have pain so deep, that you spend countless nights crying yourself to sleep.
- I know what it’s like to feel alone, like you have no one to turn to.
- I know what it is to receive support from unknown quarters.
- I know how it feels to sing at the top of your voice with the singer on the radio.
- I know that failure is just what is needed to learn some important life lessons.
- I know for sure that this post has a melancholic feel to it.
- And I know for sure that a blank page is no longer staring at me.
What do you know for sure?
Linking this to #MondayMusings and NaBloPoMo