It was in 1998, when Tata Motors introduced the first Indian-designed and built passenger car, the Indica. Tata Indica, created history as it catapulted India into the elite category of countries that produce automobiles indigenously. Tata Motors have come a long way since then. Last year, Zest and Bolt made their entry in the Indian automobile market and in some 2 months from now, another brand new car will hit the Indian roads.
Yes, it is the Tiago!!
Last weekend, I was a part of the launch event of this cute little car from Tata’s stables. 60 Bloggers from all over the country were selected by Indiblogger to get first hand information from the experts at Tata Motors and test drive it on the roads of Goa.
After listening to the product features and specifications from the design and engineering specialists and riding Tata Tiago on the narrow and busy lanes as well as the smooth and open highways of Goa for a good three hours, here are 10 reasons to welcome Tiago on the Indian roads.
1. Expressive Exteriors : Tiago looks one sporty stylish hatchback which has bold sculpted body with sharp lines. The grille in the front is finished in gloss black with small hexagons that get smaller towards the edges. The pulled back headlamps fuse with the grille to give a look that’s truly premium. The rear of the car has an inbuilt spoiler, an angled tail gate and really sporty bumpers. Design is one of the leading factor which influences the buying decision and Tiago clearly scores in this aspect.
2. Inviting Interiors : The interiors of Tiago are truly modern and classy. It has a set of black and grey two tone interiors and seats which gives it a premium look. There are seven individual panels on the interior that can be taken off and customized to the colour choice of the customer at the dealership which is a first and unheard of a car in this category.
3. Snug Seats : Seats are well made with premium knitted fabric. The body hugging bolster offer good support and comfort. The seat squab and the control pedals offer seat adjustability so that even a six footer can sit comfortably. In order to increase rear knee room, the back portion of the front seats have been scooped out.
4. Spacious Storage Spaces : Tiago is pretty spacious with a boot space of 240 litres. It has a separate partition for tool kit and shopping bag hooks with weight markings. Now that’s some intelligent thinking. There are also cleverly designed 22 storage spaces viz bottle holder on each door (two 0.5-litre bottles), two cup-holders near the gear lever, a shelf at the driver’s end of the dashboard and a bay to hold mobile phones at the base of the centre console. The glove box has a cooling duct to keep beverages chilled and a separate space to keep tablet devices! Another new and cool feature.
5. Intelligent Infotainment system : Tiago comes with Next-Gen ‘Connectnext’ infotainment exclusively developed by HARMAN for an engaging audio experience. infotainment module with eight sound output units that can play through systems including Aux-In, USB, and Bluetooth streaming and can be operated via controls mounted on the steering wheel. The navigation system gives turn-by-turn guidance on the screen when connected through a phone-based App, which is first-in-class feature (available for only Android OS currently). There’s also a first-in-segment feature called Juke Car app which can sync up to ten phones where one master phone can share its internet with others and be host for playing music from any of the synced phones.
6. Superlative Safety : With advanced dual path suspension and 9th generation anti-lock braking system with electronic brake force distribution and Corner Stability Control, Tiago offers a safe and a smooth ride. Dual front airbags, central locking system with remote and rear parking sensors are additional safety features in Tiago.
7. Cool Comfort : The air conditioning in Tiago has been designed for maximum performance. AC vents are located optimally for better feel of air for passengers with class-leading air velocity for rear passenger seat!
8. Powerful Performance : The new Revotron 1.2L petrol and the debut of the first Revotorq 1.05L diesel engine has been indigenously developed in-house, to deliver a refined performance.
9. Efficient Experience : Tiago comes with multi-drive modes – City and Eco which deliver both fuel economy and a peppy driving experience. And this is a first-in-segment!!
10. Dreamy Driving Dynamics : Tiago offers a low NVH with superior ride and handling due to the dual path suspension and use of special materials such as sound deadening steel which takes the driving experience a notch higher.
Tiago is a power packed machine with so many first-in class and segment features coupled with great looks and superlative performance. Tiago, the new babe in town will certainly receive a thunderous welcome on the Indian roads. What’s your take on it?
Images Courtesy : Tata Motors