While it is no surprise to find the nutrition market thriving with several product ranges with different health claims, the most famed are the protein shakes.
With almost 70% of the Indians lacking in protein, there are many brands that have come up with protein supplements. But how do you tell which protein shake is the best? Though all claim to be the best for you, some are high on sugar or sucralose. Some may contain protein from sources like Soy which can pose as an allergen in some cases.
While looking for the perfect kind of product, something that gives more than just Protein – I stumbled upon OZiva Protein & Herbs shake. A quick 1 min analysis told me it has high quality protein (source is whey protein) blended with Ayurvedic Herbs and Essential Vitamins & Minerals.
Here’s all that you need to know about OZiva’s Protein & Herbs shake:
- High Quality Protein- It is easily one of the healthy and wholesome protein rich food option that one can have for a power-packed breakfast or post workout. It gives more than 30 gm of protein per scoop when taken with milk & the source used in one variant is Whey Protein
- Blended with Ayurvedic Herbs Specially for Women and Men, respectively – The protein is enriched with an ayurvedic herbal blend that is something to watch out for! With the choicest herbs specific to women as well as men, ranging from Shatavari (for hormonal balance and vitality), and Ashwagandha (for stress release), Tulsi (for its purification properties: boosts hair health and even, clear skin tone), and Green Tea Extract (powerhouse of antioxidants to help you burn all that extra flab!) Ginger (as an immunity booster) and not only that, but also the goodness of Omega 3 (traced from plant sources to suit vegetarian preferences), this product stands as an impressive choice for everyone.
- Yummilicious – It’s Yummy and Tasty with its easy mixability and delicious cocoa flavour, it can be easily blended with absolutely anything- be it, dark chocolate or oats or fruits or even nuts. The result is deliciously indulgent yet healthy shake.
- It takes less than 5 min to prepare – Perfect on-the-go option when one is running short on time and needs a quick fix for a healthy meal!
- Low in Sugar – Most importantly- Protein & Herbs shake is low in sugar and yet tastes amazing! If you are trying to watch out your fat% and food habits, this shake will help you be on the right health track.
- Free Diet Consultation – The diet consultation is absolutely free with the product and it’s admirable that the brand has taken such a customer friendly approach
How can you put it to better use?
The best part about Protein & Herbs is that not only is it nutritionally enriching, but it is also flexible enough to be used in any form other than just a shake!
Here are few Protein Rich Indian Vegetarian Recipes that can be tried at home:
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- A pinch of cooking soda
- 1 scoop OZiva Protein & Herbs powder
- Cocoa powder 1/4th cup
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Salt a pinch
- Combine everything in a bowl, adding water little by little to make a homogenous mixture. The batter consistency should neither be too thin nor too thick.
- Heat a non stick pan/ tawa and add some oil. Take a ladle full of batter and spread it out in circular motion likewise a dosa. Sprinkle a few drops of oil on top.
- Cook until it is crispy golden and bubbles appear on top. Flip it and cook for a few seconds and your chila is ready to be served.
- Serve warm with a side of honey and yogurt dip or drizzle chocolate sauce on top.
No Bake High Protein Ladoos
- 1.5 cup rolled oats
- 1-1.5 scoops of OZiva Protein & Herbs protein powder
- ½ tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp of chia or sesame seeds
- 1-2 tbsp of smooth peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3rd cup dark chocolate chips or shaves or raisins
- 2-3 tbsp water/ milk (use as required)
- Mix together oats, protein powder, chia/ sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add in chocolate chips or raisins and mix everything well until the mixture appears sticky.
- Gradually add in water/ milk little at a time and combine together.
- Once mixed well, roll out the mix into small balls.
- Once small balls are ready, place them in a container and refrigerate for at least 20-40 minutes before consuming.