Come Alive in Melbourne
Last year, my sister had been to Melbourne, Australia and she is all praise for this city. She believes that every one must visit Melbourne at least once in their lifetime. From mountains to museums, markets to meaty meals, merry-making to mind-blowing, modern to majestic, Melbourne has it all. After listening to her Melbourne tales, I have fallen in love with this city too. Here are my reasons for falling in love with Melbourne, which is the most livable city in the world.
- The best of food is here : Thanks to the Food Safari, a television series hosted by Maeve O’Meara, we got to explore virtually the diverse culinary influences of Australia. Melbourne is a serious culinary hotspot, with everything from burger joints to swish eateries with big-name chefs, cutting-edge cafes, bakeries and heritage tearooms, French fine dining, Italian regional cuisine, tempting Spanish tapas and more. It is indeed a paradise for foodies like us!
- Pubs and clubs to drink and dance the night away : Drinking beer has been part of the Australian culture for many years, and Australia is known as a beer drinking nation. It is said that Melbourne invented the rooftop bar scene. And ‘shouting’ with friends over tap and bottled beer and cocktails at The Emerson, Black Pearl Bar would be so much fun.
- Walk in the steps of great sporting legends : We are sports crazy and so is Melbourne. Melbourne has the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground which is home to Australian football, international and domestic cricket, concerts, special events such as international soccer and rugby matches. Seeing all this in reality, which we have been seeing on TV all these years, would be truly an enlightening, enriching and an exciting experience for us! Have heard that MCG Tour allows the visitors to see and know all about MCG along with access to areas including player change rooms, the Ron Casey Media Centre, member only areas of the Melbourne Cricket Club such as the Long Room and a walk on the hallowed arena. It would be like walking in the steps of great sporting legends. And wouldn’t that take the sporting buffs like us on cloud nine!
- Shop till you drop : Melbourne is a city that takes fashion very seriously. And that’s the reason that there is a big presence of international retail giants along with local designers, all set to spoil us for choice. Shopping in Melbourne comes with a bonus, with laneway discoveries and cafe culture add adventure and pleasure to the shopping experience.
- Explore and more : It is always interesting to go behind the scenes to discover how do they do it. Yes, it would be cool to explore the vineyards that date back to the 1850s and still produce long-lasting wines and the boutique wineries that produce Chardonnay, Shiraz and Pinot Noir.
- Graffiti art that’s class : Melbourne is known as one of the world’s great street art which showcases unique expressions of art on approved outdoor locations thereby contributing to a vibrant urban culture.
Cosmopolitan, elegant and chic, Melbourne has a passionate soul and a welcoming heart. From thrilling world class events and renowned architecture, to café-lined streetscapes and verdant parklands, there’s a lot to discover in Melbourne.
A CONTEST FOR ALL THE READERS HERE…
Which of these places would you want to visit in Melbourne and why?
The contest ends on 5th Jan 2015. So, rush in your answers NOW!!