All About Books
These days I am doing everything except reading and writing. I found this Bookish Tag on The Book Nut’s Blog and I am hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Nope, I can read through an entire road trip without any problem at all
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
PG Wodehouse. He is timelessly funny and his characters are immortal.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter, without a doubt. I love it for the amazing magical world it lets me escape, for the lessons on friendship and some truly inspiring quotes that will stay with me forever.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I don’t carry a specific book bag but a book or Kindle is ALWAYS in my bag.
5. Do you smell your books?
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
With illustrations, however, they aren’t so clear/ large enough in a Kindle book.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad by Twinkle Khanna. It has interesting and powerful stories but Mrs Funnybones would get my vote between the two.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Cant remember any at the moment.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do and No.
12. When did you get into reading?
I don’t remember the exact age when I started reading, but started reading pretty young.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
Keep it and give it to someone else later.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Reading ahead. I hate spoilers, but sometimes when the suspense is unbearable in a story, I just read the last page. I HAVE to know and I just can’t help myself!
18. What is your favorite word?
Hygee means the cozy feeling of relaxing with friends while having a meal or drinks. I always love catching up with friends, but I learnt this word recently and it is now my favorite word.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
None of these!
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires. There is something magical and mysterious about vampires They have amazing powers of telepathy and telekinesis, communicating, reading thoughts and moving objects with the mind.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. They are cool and isn’t that an amazing power to have!
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. Now that’s another interesting power for a man to turn into a wolf at night and devour animals, people, or corpses but returns to human form by day.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires! Reason explained above.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love
None of the above, but if I have to select between the two then forbidden love.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
A balance of both.
Aha! A post is done and here’s hoping that this will nudge me to read and write more.
If you like this tag, do take it up. How would your answers differ from mine? Let me know in the comments down below!