My Preferences… Book-wise
After writing and posting every day (well almost), last month, I decided to take it a bit easy in May. Only 2 posts in 10 days is a testimony of the fact that I took it a bit too easy. Today, when I was keen to write something, a cycle of a blank page followed by keying in of a few sentences which were erased soon by the backspace key followed by a blank page stared back at me. It seems that the grey cells have gone for an extended vacation. For such dull and uninspiring days, Memes work best for me. I came across this fun and interesting Book Preference Meme, here. So, here I go with my preferences… book-wise!
- Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror?
I read all these genres. But if I were to pick one from these three, then it would be Horror.
- Hardback or Trade paperback or Mass market paperback?
Trade paperback are easy to carry and read. Though Hardbacks look great in my library cupboard.
- Amazon or Brick and Mortar?
Amazon without a doubt!
- Barnes & Noble or Borders?
Barnes & Noble. Have bought books and CDs for Aaryan from this giant. Borders has closed down now and they never had a store in India!
- Bookmark or Dog-ear?
Always a bookmark. Hate Dog-ears!
- Asimov’s Science Fiction or Fantasy & Science Fiction?
I haven’t read Asimov, so Fantasy and Science fiction it will be for me.
- Alphabetize by author, Alphabetize by title, or Random?
- Keep, Throw away or Sell?
Keep. Will never be able to throw away a book. And never sold a book too.
- Keep dust-jacket or Toss it?
Keep. They look great!
- Read with dust-jacket or Remove it?
Remove it while reading!
- Short story or Novel?
Both, depending on the mood and time.
- Stop reading when tired or at Chapter breaks?
For a not so great book, I stop whenever the words stop registering. But with interesting books, I always stop reading when the chapter ends.
- “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time?”
It was a dark and stormy night… comes with a lot of interesting possibilities.
- Buy or Borrow?
Buy, always! Since I don’t lend my books, so I don’t borrow either.
- Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse?
Usually book reviews from fellow blogger friends.
- Collection (short stories by the same author) or Anthology (short stories by different authors)?
Collection, as you are familiar with the author’s writing style. In an Anthology, there could be some black sheep but then you get to read some amazing new authors/stories too.
- Tidy ending or Cliffhanger?
It doesn’t matter as long as the book is well written.
- Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Night-time reading?
Anytime is a good time to read books.
- Standalone or Series?
I prefer standalone books. I don’t mind series though, but then I prefer to read the series in quick succession without much time gap interval.
- Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Nobody? Now that’s a bit far-fetched!
- Favorite genre series?
Harry Potter series. That reminds me that I must pick this series once again and read all at one go. I also liked Clifton Chronicles by Jeffery Archer, though I have read just 2 from this series.
- Currently Reading?
The Wedding Trousseau and Other Short Stories By Ankita Sharma and Story of Tublu by Jahid Akhtar. Both the books are written by fellow bloggers.
What are some of your preferences book-wise?