It is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy. There are so many people in our lives who make us happy. As Marcel Proust said, these people are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. These are the people who make our world a bit more happier with their presence and leave a heart-warming imprint with their words and actions.
Today, I am grateful for…
- The Indian chefs in our hotel who are going the extra mile to serve us Indian food. Kuwaiti cuisine, an infusion of Arabian, Persian, Indian, and Mediterranean cuisines is pre-dominantly non-vegetarian. While I am a meat eater, I don’t prefer to eat it in every meal which is the norm here and so is the case with my colleagues. Also the regular menu has just a couple of vegetarian options, which we got bored of eating pretty soon. We had a chat with the 2 chefs and they said that they’d be happy to cook special vegetarian meal for us every day and since the last 3 days, our hearts and tummies are doing a happy dance.
- Aaryan, who showed extreme maturity at school. Both KG and I, during our WhatsApp chat had tears of happiness and pride in our eyes.
- KG who is my strength and my biggest supporter. During our recent chat when I felt so lost and disillusioned. His words comforted and inspired me to believe in myself. And I am also grateful for the way he is managing it all alone so well.
- The cab driver outside our hotel who greets us every morning with a cheery smile and good wishes even though we have never used his cab service.
- The Indian staff at the hotel who stop by and chat with us in Hindi and go to such lengths to make our work and stay comfortable.
I must sign off now, as my coffee needs me. Oh, I am grateful for this hot coffee on this cold evening too!
And I am also grateful to you, for taking the time to read this post!
Linking this to November 2016 Gratitude Circle bloghop at Vidya Sury, Collecting Smiles and NaBloPoMo
November 25, 2016 3:10 am|
I have been very inspired by your posts, Shilpa!
December 7, 2016 1:42 am|
That made my day, LuAnn! Thanks!
November 25, 2016 3:25 am|
I loved your opening line — such an incredible truth. It is gratefulness that makes us happy. It is those times when I am overcome with things to be thankful for, that I am the happiest. Great post Shilpa
December 7, 2016 1:52 am|
Well said, Carol. When one has a grateful heart, life is so beautiful. Thanks for stopping by and reading this post.
November 25, 2016 4:41 am|
It’s really a nice gesture by the chefs. As you said, this is the first time you are away from family for a long time, its so sweet of Aryan managing well.
December 7, 2016 1:54 am|
Yes, a big thanks to the chefs for doing so much for us, every single day. It’s because of the support of KG and Aaryan too that I am able to stay away from home for so long. Thankful for my boys!! 🙂
November 25, 2016 8:20 am|
Very appropriate, this post, today Nov 24. It is Thanksgiving Day in USA, a holiday.
December 7, 2016 1:55 am|
What a coincidence!! 🙂
November 25, 2016 9:30 am|
Lovely breezy read. As you said, it is being grateful that makes us happy.
December 7, 2016 2:01 am|
True, gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. Thanks Rachna.
November 25, 2016 10:30 am|
Being grateful is the best way to pray .Every small blessing when appreciated makes its way back to us again.Hope your stay in Kuwait is comfortable .
December 7, 2016 2:02 am|
Well said. It all comes back!
Thanks Amrita, yes, Kuwait is treating me good 🙂
November 25, 2016 10:43 am|
I am grateful for this post Shilpa….. Makes one appreciate the little things in life 🙂
December 7, 2016 2:03 am|
Absolutely! After all, it’s the small, little things that matter the most. Thanks Jayashree!
November 25, 2016 11:43 am|
Being grateful is a habit and you seem to have made it a way of life, Shilpa.
It is so nice of the Hotel Chef and Staff to go out of their way to make you and your team comfortable. I hope you realise that you people also remind them of home and make them smile too:)
I loved reading this post. Hope you enjoyed your coffee:)
December 7, 2016 2:06 am|
Yes, it’s the feeling of meeting somebody from back home that forms that instant bond. And this is mutual. Thanks Mayuri. Glad you enjoyed reading this post! The coffee was good. Come over and we will have coffee together! 🙂
November 25, 2016 2:58 pm|
I am also grateful to you for churning lovely informative and humane posts which are inspiring and makes us feel good while reading.
December 7, 2016 2:07 am|
You are a sweetheart, Asha! Appreciate your friendship and support ♥
November 25, 2016 10:08 pm|
Love you, Shilpa, for joining the Gratitude Circle. I especially like the point about your son–your heart must be swelling with pride. Hugs! Take care of yourself! Great coffee there!
December 7, 2016 2:28 am|
It is my pleasure to join you for the Gratitude Circle. Hope to join you every month from now on!
Thanks for your kind words, Vidya ♥
November 25, 2016 10:36 pm|
I love that like me you too believe that happiness does not make us grateful but gratefulness makes us happy. So true.
Family is a strong support and we are lucky to have one. Lovely post and I also love a warm drink on a cold day.
December 7, 2016 2:32 am|
That’s absolutely true and it is said that if you want to find happiness, find gratitude.
What would we do with our families and their rock solid support and love. Thanks Parul. And let’s have that coffee together sometimes soon!
November 26, 2016 5:00 pm|
So nice. 🙂
And I want a cup of hot coffee too. 🙂
December 7, 2016 2:39 am|
Come over!! 🙂
November 27, 2016 10:42 pm|
Sometimes thinking of small moments like these help us to count our blessings in life. I think we all look at more negatives than positives and forget to be thankful too. Glad to know you through all these posts Shilpa. 🙂
December 7, 2016 2:41 am|
Oh yes, it is small things like these that make a big difference. Thanks for stopping by, Deepa. Good to have you here!
November 28, 2016 11:39 am|
Loved your post shilpa, very motivating and reinforcing, thanks for sharing this post, made me happy and 🙂
December 7, 2016 2:42 am|
Thanks for taking the time to read this post, Genevive. Appreciate it ♥