Today, Uma has written about Ten on Walking and inspired by her, I thought of doing…
Ten on Swimming
I just love swimming. It’s been 5 years, since I started swimming, and I have loved each an every moment in the water.
- Gradually and consistently, with each passing day, I move towards more endurance and more enjoyment… more laps, more stamina, less panting and less breaks. And these small victories every day, truly make my day.
- The swimming pool in our apartment complex is simply wow and having it all to myself is a BIGGER WOW!! I just love swimming alone in the cool, clear, blue water. It’s like that the ‘Ladeez’ timings are from 11 am to 1 pm. And it happens so that only 2 women swim in our complex, while I go at 11 am the other lady swims at 12 noon.
- This one hour of ‘Me’ time, doing an activity which I love dearly, gives me time to think, ponder and chew on so many things.
- I believe, swimming adds positivity, calm and happiness. A day without swimming, like this day, today (Tuesdays are off days), I feel very restless! Two draft Ten on Tuesdays are the proof!
- Of course, it’s not only the brain cells that are actively working, a lot of adipose tissue is actively banished too. And I’m lovin’ it!!
- Many a times, due to an evening engagement, I take Aaryan along with me in the mornings (Aaryan swims with his friends in the evening) and it’s fun too. I like to see the glee on his face when he beats me in our 1-Lap contest. And of course, it’s awesome to watch his dives and underwater swimming!
- Swimming is the bestest form of workout in this extremely hot summers of Jaipur. No eeeky sweat and no overheated body during or after this workout!
- Oiling of hair or using curds with shampoo and conditioner daily is a bit irksome… but then you gain 9 and lose 1!!
- At the end of it all, after the shower, though it’s a tired me but a satisfied and happy me.