Ten on Tuesday – 18
Ten Things about Meeting the First Blogger Friend and JLF…
- Whenever, I saw pictures or posts on Blogger meets or Bloggers getting together for an evening or a lunch, a big SIGH would always escape my lips. I would always be thinking… “Mera number kab aayega??”
- And today, it finally happened. Yes, mera number aa hi gaya… She is a blogger whom I had met (virtually) during the initial years of my blogging and the one who introduced me to the world of farming, virtual farming, I mean… yeah FarmVille, my favourite game on Facebook.
- Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting to you, Chicky Kadambari, the author of miss_teerious, the first blogger friend whom I met today, in the real world!!
- We were together for more than 3 hours and there was not a single dull moment. We had so much to share with each other, comparing notes on places, work, blogging… and it never felt that we mere meeting for the first time!!
- And together we went to a Fest which is the talk of the whole world, yes, The Jaipur Literature Festival or the JLF.
- I had been at the JLF last year too and I could see a lot of trivial differences. For instance, this year they made the registration mandatory and gave ID cards to all the attendees. The Puskar tea which was served in kulhars, free of cost last year was sold at Rs. 10 this year!
- JLF saw massive crowds this year and today, all the space other than the halls where the literary sessions were in progress, were occupied by school going teenagers. Dressed in school uniforms, mostly in couples and some in groups, the students were busy chatting, eating and drinking and in short having a gala time. I wonder, if any of them participated in any of the sessions.
- We briefly listened to Richard Dawkins share his views on “The Selfish Gene”.
- There were many book stalls, browsed through many books, but for me it’s only Flipkart, which is my final books shopping destination!
- The crowd at JLF is a treat for eyes. Smartly dressed men and most of the women had that ‘arty’ look with Fab India kind of clothes. And the striking thing, I saw so many women with salt and pepper hair!! I simply love that look!
A good friend + great company = wonderful day!!
January 24, 2012 6:55 pm|
Whoa, so finally you guys met. If only, it was not raining too heavy when you were here, we could have met too! Soon enough I guess.
JLF got mixed reviews in my group – some really liked it and some didn’t.
January 25, 2012 11:04 am|
Yeah, finally, it happened! 🙂
Yes, the rains played spoilsport last time… next time, pucca se we will catch up!! 🙂
JLF, it’s getting bigger and grander, so some dampners would be there too!
January 24, 2012 7:51 pm|
Wow I so wanted to go to JLF…. Wish will be able to catch it up next year
January 25, 2012 11:04 am|
January 24, 2012 8:42 pm|
A Big Wow! I ‘m so J of you 🙁 Could not even imagine attending the lit fest! I will definitely hit this place if I’m in India! Hope you had an amazing time. Looking forward for more posts about JLF!
January 25, 2012 11:06 am|
LOL, nothing to be J of… I missed such big sessions this time… Oprah, Gulzar, Javed Akhtar, Chetan Bhagat… 😛
January 27, 2012 4:48 am|
And Rahul Bose too
January 25, 2012 6:11 am|
😀 😀 😀
Have checked my Google Reader at least half-a-dozen times since yesterday evening, waiting for this post! And I knew I would find the “Puskar tea” here! Hehehehe! 😛 But you know something… we forgot to take any pics of us! All that while, your camera was sitting in the car, and we were so busy yakking away that we didn’t even remember to put it to some use!
January 25, 2012 11:13 am|
Pics… well you wont believe this… My 1 Kg bag had the smaller Digital Camera too!! 😛
But let me tel you that again, it was wonderful meeting you!! Lets catch up sooon again! 🙂
January 27, 2012 4:50 am|
What! TWO cameras? Plus the cameras in our cell phones! And still no pics! Height! Next time pukka yaad rakhenge ok. And yes, let’s meet up again soon.
January 25, 2012 9:09 am|
Wow! That must have been an enjoyable meeting, and going to JLF rocks. I was I was not so far off, and I would have visited that place. You love Farmville, don’t you? 🙂 I had gotten so addicted to it that I had to finally just remove the App. It was tough doing that, but I felt really happy after that :).
January 25, 2012 11:16 am|
Yes, Rachna, we sure had a good time together!
JLF… plan for it next year!! It would be great meeting you top!!!
FarmVille… I am crazy about it!! I used to play with 4 ids and thankfully have cut down to 1 now, but now FV has created 4 farms on your one farm!! So, the craziness continues! 😛
January 25, 2012 9:24 am|
Nice ten things. It must’ve been fun meeting another blogger. And it looks like you really enjoyed this and JLF too.
January 25, 2012 11:17 am|
Taking the relationship of the virtual world in our real world, was good! 🙂 JLF was good too, though we couldnt spend a lot of time there!!
January 25, 2012 10:24 am|
That must have been interesting! Lucky you to have attended JLF.
January 25, 2012 11:18 am|
January 25, 2012 10:45 am|
I met some lovely bloggers when i had come to bangalore 🙂 so mera number bhi laga yayyyyyyy
and yes a great dayyyyyyyyyy 🙂
January 25, 2012 11:21 am|
Yeah, you mentioned meeting quite a few bloggers! 🙂
The circle of friends increases! 🙂
January 25, 2012 3:33 pm|
I missed one such occasion in Delhi as I had to travel:(.. Good that you had a nice time..
January 31, 2012 5:59 pm|
Oh! But you have met bloggers in real life??
January 26, 2012 7:18 am|
I am sure JLF must have been fun and an experience.
Yes, meeting Blogger friends is so wonderful.Recently,I met Bindu–Insignia-and Bikram in Bangalore.We three met each other for the first time,but it was very pleasent.
Good few hours over a cup of coffee.
January 31, 2012 5:58 pm|
Yeah, friends with whom we interact so much on the web, and then meeting them in person, must be sure wonderful! 🙂
January 27, 2012 6:29 am|
So we all envy you for attending JLF .Even I noticed and admired that salt n pepper look on lovely ladies (on Oprah-Barkha NDTV session).I have met few of blogger friends and I know how it feels.Hope we too meet someday very soon .
January 31, 2012 5:56 pm|
Ah, dont envy… I missed such important sessions! 🙁
Yeah, I really look forward to meet you soon! :))
January 30, 2012 10:01 pm|
WOW! This is beautiful <3
January 31, 2012 6:01 pm|
March 9, 2012 10:49 am|
oh she is the culprit behind farmville addiction 😛 it is always nice meeting old blogger friends in real life