5 Easy No-Cook, No-Fuss Recipes
Cooking is love, passion, fun, therapeutic and rewarding for many and it is a chore and a responsibility for many. It’s obvious that the former love to spend hours in the kitchen creating magical dishes and the latter can’t wait to get out of the kitchen. For those who hate to stand in front of the stove, let me share some no-cook and no-fuss recipes.
Oh, these no-cook and no-fuss recipes are ideal to introduce kids to cooking too. Also these recipes can be made quickly and easily with lesser ingredients as compared to regular traditional dishes.
So whether you are in no mood to cook or have run out of gas or feel it’s too hot to sweat it in the kitchen or are just lazy, here are some Easy No-Cook, No-Fuss Recipes just for you.
1. Appetizers and Sides
Cucumber Cups by Martha Stewart
- Cucumbers – 2
- Cottage Cheese – 1/2 Cup
How to Make
- Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise; trim ends. Cut each half into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Scoop out the center of each piece of cucumber with a melon baller or a scoop, and fill with about 1/2 teaspoon cottage cheese. Garnish with clover sprouts, and serve.
Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Quaker Oats – 1/2 Cup
- Low Fat Milk – 1/2 Cup
- Honey – 1 Tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 1 Tsp
- Chocolate, shavings – 1 Tbsp
- Strawberries, hulled and sliced – 1/4 Cup
How to Make
- Add Quaker Oats to your container of choice, pour in milk, and layer strawberries, cocoa powder, honey, and chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate overnight and enjoy when you wake!
3. Main Dish
- Plain hummus – 1 Cup
- Whole-wheat pitas, halved – 4
- Green leaf lettuce leaves, halved – 4
- Thinly sliced English cucumber – 1 1/4 cups
- Thinly sliced radishes – 3/4 cup
- Thinly sliced red onion – 1/3 cup
- Crumbled feta cheese – 1/2 cup
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make
- Divide hummus evenly among 8 pita halves -about 1 1/2 tablespoons each.
- Divide lettuce, cucumber, radishes, onion, and cheese evenly among pita halves. Sprinkle with pepper.
Almond Malai Kulfi
- Almonds (blanched and ground) – 1 Cup
- Condensed milk – 1.5 Cup
- Cream – 6 tbsp
- Toasted pistachio, chopped coarsely – 15-20
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- A pinch of Saffron
How to Make
- In a bowl, blend ground blanched almonds, condensed milk and cream together.
- Infuse milk with saffron and add the mix into it.
- Add pistachio into it and blend them well together.
- Set them in a matki and cover it with butter paper.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
- Milk – ½ Cup
- Nutella – 1 Tablespoon
- Vanilla Ice-Cream – 2 Cups
How to Make
- Pour the milk in the mason jar, add the Nutella and then tightly fasten the lid.
- Shake the jar vigorously for about 20 seconds, or until evenly mixed.
- Add the vanilla ice cream and shake the jar to mix all the ingredients evenly.
- Pour your shake into a glass and enjoy!
Do you like No-Cook and No-Fuss Recipes? Do you give your gas some rest sometime by rustling up some quick and easy dishes?
My theme for this year’s Blogging from A to Z April Challenge is Food Talks. Join me for some interesting, fun conversations about food experiences, experiments, basics, tips, ideas, hacks, trends and much more.
April 16, 2019 8:20 am|
These recipes are not easy, they are easier than easy! Going to try the Almond Kulfi! I make overnight Oats frequently, will be adding Cocoa Powder to it the next time I do.
April 16, 2019 9:24 am|
Who doesn’t like no-fuss cooking? Especially nowadays when everyone is so busy with so many things. I love overnight oats and make them often but will surely try the others.
April 16, 2019 9:28 am|
Great recipes. All appear to be doable easily. infant I had learnt to make the Kulfi. It used to be a dessert in potluck dinners. Indian ice cream as it was popularly called, used to be star attraction.
April 16, 2019 9:31 am|
Wow so easy and mouthwatering. Even I, a lazy person, can make them. And almond kulfi is my favorite. I will try it first.
April 16, 2019 10:32 am|
The idea of just shaking the jar for that last recipe is so smart… this I wanna try. Would be awesome if it were really that simple.
April 16, 2019 10:35 am|
Wonderful recipes. Even i believe that no cook recipes are a great way to involve children in kitchen. And no doubt these are the ones which are loved most by all.
April 16, 2019 11:17 am|
I’m passing this on to the children and if I land up with a mussy kitchen you have to share the blame with them!
Jokes apart, I loved these recipes – my favourite ones are the first and the last one. Nutella with vanilla ice cream – I’m in heaven already.
April 16, 2019 11:51 am|
They are super easy, Shilpa. I have pinned this post and am going to try out some of these when I super bored to cook anything for myself!
Kya yaar…bhookh lag gayi ! 😛
April 16, 2019 3:18 pm|
Wowo these are super easy recipes
April 16, 2019 4:32 pm|
Oh hummus and pita is my favorite no cook recipe in the world! Add a variety of dips to it and it becomes a whole meal 🙂
Great recipes out here. So simple and they look oh so delicious!
April 16, 2019 4:37 pm|
That’s a great list Shilpa and though I make a couple of them it is great to learn the rest. It’s so wonderful seeing you do a good theme this year buddy ♥️
April 16, 2019 5:30 pm|
Overnight oats! Oh So yum!
April 16, 2019 5:43 pm|
Overnight Oats and Nutella Milkshake yum yum.. Easy to make and tasty bhi healthy bhi
April 16, 2019 6:46 pm|
I don’t like cooking at all and that’s why we have a cook at home. I dread the days when she takes leave. I am always out of ideas and mostly have to settle for toast and Maggi for the whole family. These are some really easy and simple recipes, will try these out.
April 16, 2019 7:13 pm|
Your posts always make me hungry Shilpa. I like the cucumber snack idea and stuffed pita bread too.
April 16, 2019 7:56 pm|
Wow, such easy recipes and guess what my kids with vacations around want to try them with me. Kulfi and nutella milkshake is something I do make in summers but rest will surely try
April 16, 2019 8:15 pm|
This is truly a no cook:) no fuss recipes, thanks for sharing and above all I am glad to be connected here shilpa, posting from home.
April 16, 2019 10:07 pm|
Lovely bunch of recipes, Shilpa. I do love no-fuss recipes once in a while.
April 16, 2019 11:05 pm|
Great no-fuss recipes there especially in this heat. Will surely try them all out.
April 16, 2019 11:33 pm|
Love the ideas if hummus and pita, cucumber one is most innovative. I love overnight oats. These are truly easy peasy quick food fixes.
April 16, 2019 11:45 pm|
No-cook & no-fuss & easy to make!
I love the food & drinks.
Great recipes, Shilpa!
April 17, 2019 12:10 am|
I prepare Nutella shake for my son and he loves it. I love easy to cook recipies. will try the almond malai kulfi.
April 17, 2019 2:42 am|
Thanks. I love Almond Malai Kulfi.
April 17, 2019 7:52 am|
Wow….Wonderful recipes. I will try
all these recipes. Thank you for sharing.
April 17, 2019 4:57 pm|
I like the oats one. I don’t have any energy in the mornings. So just taking out a ready, chilled, healthy breakfast from the fridge, sounds awesome to me!
Find my N post @ 10 Personal Skills Of Narendra Modi That Truly Inspire Me
April 17, 2019 7:44 pm|
Thank you! I’m one of those who can’t wait to get out of the kitchen! I love your ideas!
April 18, 2019 8:02 pm|
Om nom nom nom recipes! Yumm! I do cucumber cheese appetizers! Never knew it was a Martha Stewart recipe though 😛 I’m definitely going to try the rest of them all.
April 19, 2019 6:07 am|
No-fuss recipes are always welcome in my house! Time at home is not something I have much of, so I prefer to spend it doing things other than cooking when possible. 🙂