I Am Addicted!
Thursday, June 11, 2009; 2.56 am
I am wide awake and have been doing the following since the last 20 minutes:
1. Opening and closing some 100 odd files in My Documents
2. Deleting the Cookies and Temporary Internet Files and Files which I think are of no use and have not used for a while now but will surely NEED them coz they are no longer available!!
I have restored the health of my ‘soulmate’ (read : laptop). So thought of doing some constructive work. What else it could be… but BLOGGING!
“Am I Addicted? Am I Sane?”…are some of the thoughts that are creeping in!
Whatever free time I have (which is lots actually) finds me glued to my laptop. Last evening, our 7 year old brat was asking me, “Are you blogging?” Yeah, it shocked me too!
So scanned the web to check about my Blogging Mania. And came across an interesting article by Ann Handley on “Top 10 Signs You Might Be Addicted to Blogging” (Linked below).
And the symptoms are:
10. You check your blog stats a LOT. You occasionally get up in the middle of the night and sneak a peak.
9. Your significant other suspects you are having an affair with your blog. Even when you’re alone with your special person, you do find yourself thinking what your blog might be doing right then…
8. You “mental blog” while driving or on the train, and sometimes even when you are alone in the shower.
7. You filter everything through your post-writing. You can’t watch a movie, see a play, read an article, or share a sweet moment with your child without thinking of whether it’s blog-worthy.
6. You suffer from “blog envy” when another blogger posts something juicy before you do. You suffer “comment envy” when said post gets 40-something comments – the jerk!
5. You “binge blog” 3 or 4 posts at once—only to feel guilty and empty afterward.
4. You ditched all your real friends for blog friends, because, well, “they understand.”
3. You think, “I can stop at any time.”
2. Your lunch hour has become your “blog hour.” You keep a few posts tucked in your desk in case you need them during the day.
1. After 5 minutes of meeting someone really interesting you ask, “So – do you blog?” (Link)
And the verdict is: I have 7 Yes! Its 70% And another survey on the net showed my addiction to be 74%.
God, its serious!, considering I am still a Beginner on the blogging scene. Or is it because I am a Beginner, hence the addiction?
Whatever it is, I guess, taking corrective action is the need of the hour!