Ten Things about Turning 40 Today!
- I know, meri twacha se meri umr ka pata hee nahi chalta, thoda bahut hee pata chalta hai but the fact is I am 40 years old today!! While many are not comfortable with this thought, I am kind of happy on entering the fourth decade of my life on this earth.
- I can see 3-4 grey strands of hair and the son can see 5-6 more, I have decided that I am never gonna color or dye my hair, despite umpteen suggestions by friends and hair stylist.
- A friend asked today, “So you are 40 today, do you feel old? The answer is NO. “Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.” And this is what I want to follow, each day, each year!
- They say, “At the age of 20, we don’t care what the world thinks of us; at 30, we worry about what it is thinking of us; at 40, we discover that it wasn’t thinking of us at all.” Yes, it’s so very true and I have realised it for a long time now!! 🙂
- Helen Rowland said, life begins at 40 – but so do fallen arches, rheumatism, faulty eyesight, and the tendency to tell a story to the same person, three or four times. While the first three have not made their presence yet, the last one is beginning to show it’s head at times!! LOL
- At twenty years of age, the will reigns; at thirty the wit; at forty the judgment, said Benjamin Franklin. Yes, the maturity is kind of coming in, or so I like to believe.
- There’s a joke which reads, at 40, you get two invitations to go out on the same night, and you pick the one that gets you home the earliest. True, I prefer to come back and settle snuggly in my comfort zone!
- 40=24+16 years of experience!! And, this experience makes you tell stories, share tips, give suggestions very frequently, much to the chagrin of some!
- Being Fit @ Forty is important and vital. So it’s time to say hello to regular exercise, healthy habits, nutritious diet…
- Well, they say age is just a number! And you are as old as you feel. And there is no denying the fact that I feel good @ 40!!