Ten On Tuesday – 26
10 Excuses Reasons Why Couldn’t I Write a Nice Post Today
- I am plain lazy. I guess, it’s the weather. Now, this is a wonderful excuse…blame it on the weather. Oh, by the way, there is a song by the same lyrics!
- I am thoroughly uninspired. Everything is regular around me at the moment. That reminds me of something I read somewhere… when our life is regular and routine, we crib about it and when our regular life is disturbed we yearn to go back to our comfortable boring life!
- I wanted to write something spectacular, though I haven’t written anything spectacular for a long time now. Also, I have no clue about what I want to write
- My Google Reader keeps adding new blog posts every 10 minutes. I am happy reading what others have written. And let me tell you, that bloggers are an extremely talented lot. Everybody has a different or a new viewpoint on everything! Pretty impressive that is, now!
- My maid is taking leave tomorrow and I am worried about the work load that I will have tomorrow at my hands.
- I have more important things to do like daydream about the future and the very next moment get daymares too (yeah they are nightmares seen in broad day light!). Then, I also need to help Aaryan to understand the instructions of the new game that he has downloaded. The clothes need to be taken inside from the clothes drying rack otherwise the dew will dampen them…
- There are too many distractions at the moment… Aaryan’s Angry Birds are making angry noises on his Tablet, there are sounds of elephants trumpeting on television which no one is watching at the moment, KG is making some weekend plans over the phone with a friend and my ears are getting pulled in his direction, the honking of the cars on the street outside…
- Taking time to write makes me feel guilty. I get a feeling that I am neglecting my child. Though my child is having a rocking vacation. This is exactly what he said in the morning when his boarding school friend cum bunk bed partner from Kolkata called.
- I am not well. (Gosh, this is sounding too dramatic even to my ears!) A rash has developed on my forehead. The doctor said, it’s an allergy and now it has caused swelling on my forehead and nose too! No pain and no irritation but whenever KG is looking at me, he has a worried look and Aaryan is quick to point out my new grey hair and dark spots too!
- My grey cells are exhausted, in other words, my brain is progressing towards… umm… towards… Oh, my grey cells are exhausted. Period.
December 11, 2012 5:51 pm|
Ha ha ha well done! You have managed to find 10 excuses for not writing a nice post! But very imaginative indeed 🙂
December 12, 2012 4:09 am|
This is what blogging does to you! 😀
December 11, 2012 6:58 pm|
🙂 nah bad Shilpa Garg !!! Well they all look genuine to me 😀 !!!!
December 12, 2012 4:08 am|
Thanks baby! Yeah they are genuine!! That’s why, I deleted Excuses and made them sound logical with Reasons! 😉
December 11, 2012 7:40 pm|
You have already managed to write, and it looks good to me.
December 12, 2012 4:05 am|
Thanks Rama! Happy that it looks good to you! :))
December 12, 2012 12:42 am|
Your “TT” posts are unique in their own way Shilpa and you just posted another one. I honestly think you need to change the title of this post 🙂
December 12, 2012 4:01 am|
Thanks Reshma. Glad you liked these TTs! What do you have in mind about the title? Tell me your thoughts, because, you know, my grey cells have exhausted themselves as of now! 😀
December 13, 2012 4:18 am|
Now my not so grey cells are exhausted 😛 But its a nice post, so somehow your title doesn’t fit the post…
December 13, 2012 1:33 pm|
LOL 😀 Hmmmm…. let me think about your thought!
December 12, 2012 2:58 am|
6,7,8- This is my story! Shilpa, take care of your allergy, hope it is fine by now.
December 12, 2012 4:03 am|
Ah! You too, Kavita! That’s comforting in a wicked way, though! 😉
Thanks, I am seeing a dermatologist today! It has become more scarier now! 🙁
December 12, 2012 4:21 am|
Yeah, take care of the allergy. Winters are such that one just wishes to curl up and laze around. I have not done any work the past two days, and damn I was frightened to sit at my system today. And, give ample rest to your grey cells :).
December 12, 2012 7:21 am|
Yeah, seeing the doc in the evening! You had a celebration at home, so your reasons for not working are pretty valid!! 🙂 How was the party??
Hope the grey cells are recharged soon! 😀
December 12, 2012 1:12 pm|
Nah, no party just some together time. We caught a movie and lunch :). And I made kathal ka pulav for dinner ;-). Monday was busy with the younger one’s Annual Day. So, today was extra hectic.
December 12, 2012 2:49 pm|
That’s so cool!! Kathal ka pulav! Wow! Hope things have settled back into routine by now! 🙂
December 12, 2012 4:49 am|
hah.. managed to write ten 😀 And also managed to make people accept! If I write one, I ll get eleven and the eleventh one will be “Aiyooo.. I don’t know to write! Leave me :D”….
December 12, 2012 7:23 am|
So, you see, how good I am at making excuses!! 😀
Well, your eleventh one will be an excuse, and not a valid reason!! Right!? 🙂
December 13, 2012 12:36 pm|
Well yeah maybe 😀 But I could escape na! 😀
December 13, 2012 1:05 pm|
December 12, 2012 4:56 am|
Despite all of this you managed to come up with this post. Impressive. In your place, I would have just made plans about the things I could have written about. So, kudos to you! 🙂
December 12, 2012 7:30 am|
Thanks and am beaming at your wonderful words! 😀 😛
December 12, 2012 5:09 am|
You managed to pull something out of nothing and it ended up a creative post.
These mundane things are what makes our days. many of your reasons are similar to mine like 2,3, 4 ,7… oh , i am unable to see the list while commenting…. and don’t worry about 8. It is the quality time that is important not quantity of time and so agree about the annoying sounds of TV, Tab, etc., i am in the same boat and my H is making the year end trip plans.
December 12, 2012 7:59 am|
Yeah, the best thing I like about these posts is that they hardly take any time. 😀
Wow, we have so many similar things happening in our lives!! Cool 🙂
I am able to see the list… how did that happen with you?? 🙁
December 12, 2012 5:45 am|
we can always trust you to come up with something so creative with the commonest of topics!! had a good laugh reading it..and found myself nodding my head for most of the points!!! well written!
December 12, 2012 8:01 am|
You too sailing in the same boat TLP?? You can’t have these excuses… errr… reasons… you have to write a lot of wonderful stories for us!! 🙂
December 12, 2012 5:50 am|
Hehehe good one ::P
Take care and get well soon!
December 12, 2012 8:02 am|
Thanks Swaram! 🙂
December 12, 2012 6:01 am|
is it the reason 5, which is making you uncomfortable….hhmmmm i can understand…:))
well….even after all those hick-ups you are here with a post and that is wonderful…so keep posting.
December 12, 2012 8:03 am|
LOL 😀 How accurate you are, Irfan! 🙂
Thanks for the kind words 🙂
December 12, 2012 6:37 am|
Good reasons, I must say, Shilpa:)
December 12, 2012 8:03 am|
December 12, 2012 7:39 am|
How sweet!! Very interesting reading.Reason no.5 is the biggest reason,specially in winters which makes every housewife tense.
December 12, 2012 8:06 am|
Thanks Ma’am! Yes, that’s a big pain, but managed to complete all chores and in fact, I like doing things on my own once in a while (not daily though). You can clean the nooks and corners better and the satisfaction of seeing a clean home is priceless! 🙂
December 12, 2012 8:51 am|
I think the winter (milder summer, here) is doing this to all of us. I didn’t write a post for 5-6 days, which is quite unusual! Maybe you can try something different – How about having a bon-fire inside the house? I am sure Aryan would love it 🙂
December 12, 2012 10:26 am|
Yeah, now that you say this too, I am convinced, it IS The Weather!! 😀
Bon-fire inside the house!! Well, we stay in a flat, so the max that we can do is have a barbecue in the balcony and heater in the room! But, a bon-fire is on the cards very soon at a friend’s place! 🙂
December 12, 2012 10:20 am|
Such an entertaining post from somebody who didn’t want to write this one 😉
Vaise come to think of it, I always love your TOT posts!!!
December 12, 2012 10:28 am|
Happy to bring some smiles your way, Smita! 🙂
Thank you, I am smiling widely too! 😀
December 12, 2012 10:21 am|
Ha, ha…and trying to find the reasons, you managed to actually do a blog post! Good for you (and us, of course)!
December 12, 2012 10:29 am|
Yeah, it happened!! 😀 Thanks RGB 🙂
December 12, 2012 1:02 pm|
Good one, very tactfully done.
December 12, 2012 2:56 pm|
December 12, 2012 1:48 pm|
I would have taken a day and still not figure out 10 reasons why I at times feel like doing ‘nothing’ ;).. very creative of you.
December 12, 2012 2:58 pm|
If you had thought about it, I am sure, Karan, you would have been able to do it easily too!! :)) Thks 🙂
December 13, 2012 6:28 am|
Yes, but after 5th point I would have written single word excuses.. but you are a genius
December 13, 2012 1:30 pm|
LOL 😀 I don’t believe it!!
Genius!??! I don’t believe this either! 😀
December 13, 2012 12:30 am|
hahaha…you need a break. Doesn’t it sound so? 😉 Take a break..have a KITKAT..hahah…take care of your allergy and laze around..b cos it’s winter!!!
December 13, 2012 1:31 pm|
Yeah, I need a break!! 😀
Thanks, allergy is better! 🙂
December 13, 2012 7:11 am|
Tell you what…don’t worry about listing excuses for not writing.
How can a captain of the team be missing?
December 13, 2012 1:35 pm|
I guess, my grey cells are dying as I haven’t understood your comment… captain of the team?? I am clueless. Pls elaborate Mr Chowla! 😛
December 13, 2012 2:36 pm|
Ha Ha…sometimes there are 100 excuses to not to blog. Sometimes, when I force myself to write something, I just don’t get it. That’s when I let go blogging from my priorities. Just relax, take your time, and write when you really wanted to!
December 13, 2012 2:44 pm|
Yeah, when you force yourself to write, it just doesnt come!! Once you let go of that “I have to write” feeling, then only the creative juices flow! 🙂
December 13, 2012 8:02 pm|
and what’s wrong with this post? this is a nice one!! enjoyed reading it 🙂
December 15, 2012 7:57 am|
Thanks Deb! Glad you liked it! 😀
December 15, 2012 6:33 am|
Babes..you were in a rut 🙂 Looks like your 500th post has perked you up..eh 😉
You need to have a party and some fun.
December 15, 2012 7:58 am|
The season for parties has begun!! So hopefully, will be sufficiently recharged!! 😀
December 15, 2012 7:37 am|
Each seems reasonable but not one on Not feeling well. How are you now? Hope that allergy is controlled if not cured fully.
December 15, 2012 7:58 am|
Thanks Mr J! Yeah it is getting better! 🙂
December 20, 2012 7:11 am|
I’m bookmarking this to borrow for future use, Shilpa! 😉
December 22, 2012 9:43 am|
And I believe, you will never use this, because you are so very creative!! 🙂