Every day is a gift from God, and we must thank him for it. We need to thank god for all that we have. We need to thank God for what He has done for us. Yeah, that’s what we have been taught since childhood….in schools and at home.
And today, I’d like to Thank God from the bottom of my heart…for I have a grown up child.
I know, 7 years is not at all, all that grown up, but he is certainly not an infant or a toddler or a child in the category of Terrible Twos or Whiny Threes. (or Horrible Threes or Threatening Threes!!)
I would like to Thank God, for my child is at an age where he is relatively easy to handle and discipline. He is at an age, where he can understand the pros and cons of most of the things, hence is not much of a pain most of the times.
I have been seeing so many kids around….
- My youngest sis has a 5 month old baby and though our Nick is an angel, but all my sis does whole day long is feed him and taking care of susu-potty. I seem to have forgotten my days of dealing with the nappies but seeing her doing this every hour or may be less, really made me Thank God.
- A friend has a 2 year old daughter. The other day, I saw her wearing a tee, which had “Drama Queen” printed on it. And I must say that is very apt for her! Tantrums at the drop of a hat, when the hat is just in mid-air is a every minute story. I know, throwing tantrums is a natural part of their development. BUT I’d like to Thank God, that I am out of it!
- My younger sis has a 3 year old child (I have just 2 siblings…felt the need to clarify, just in case you thought, I’d go on with my list!!). And my sis, is at her wits end, coz the kid is at her whining best. No amount of reasoning, calm and patient talks, works with her. (It takes a lot of effort and patience on parent’s part to do that!) Of course, it’s a phase the 3 year olds go through. And my sis can’t wait for her child to be into the next level of “Fortunate Fours”! But Thank God I have crossed this milestone!
While, I am at Thanking God, I’d like to make a small prayer too, for all the parents of young kids…
“God, we give you thanks for having given us children. They are our joy, and we accept with serenity the worries, fears, and labors which bring us pain.
Help us to love them sincerely. Through us you gave life to them; from eternity you knew them and loved them. Give us the wisdom to guide them, patience to teach them, vigilance to accustom them to the good through our example. Amen”
- I am not an expert on parenting.
- I am not a Hitler Parent.
- My child is not an epitome of all goodness.
- I do not hate children.
July 29, 2009 10:59 am|
um soon to b a mama.. isnt tht a double trouble thn being jus a ma..? :p
July 29, 2009 11:52 am|
disclaimer is too good…
July 29, 2009 12:37 pm|
@shilpa: so you are thanking god as I commented in your last post…. ;-))
July 29, 2009 12:44 pm|
Well this post gives an insight into the stages of a young child’s life and how to deal with it.
It will help people like us in future … I hope children stay that way a few years down the line…
July 29, 2009 1:25 pm|
Musings of being a mother!
I will never know, even if I know it would be only after some 8-10 years!
Wishing you luck as always!
July 29, 2009 1:47 pm|
@ Vipul: Well, first the congratulations to the Soon-To-Be-Mama!
Oh, you don’t worry, you can enjoy the baby as much as you want as a Mama. Coz, you are not gonna be with the baby 24×7, and even if you are, you will surely give him/her back to the mother as soon as you see the ‘T’ of the word trouble!!
Its the parents who will have a ‘great wonderful’time!! 😀
@ Sweet Nothings!!!: Thank you girl! 🙂
July 29, 2009 1:55 pm|
@ Shankar: Hmmm…you can say so! 🙂
@ Dhiman: Don’t bet on that!!
Children of this new age are ultra smart, while I know for sure that we were such simpletons in our young days and I am sure that the Gen Nexxxttt will be Ultra Ultra ahead of our times! So you will have new ways to deal with them!!
Best of luck!! 🙂
July 29, 2009 1:59 pm|
@ pawan: 🙂
Thanks and all the very best to you too! 🙂
July 29, 2009 2:06 pm|
My 1 1/2 year old son just tried to have 4 boonds of Ujala liquid blue today!
July 29, 2009 2:35 pm|
@ Which main? what cross? : Oh my God!! Hope you salvaged the situation in time!!!!!
I am amazed at the ingenuity of kids, still!! 🙂
July 29, 2009 2:35 pm|
Damn nice sis…. and i know what u mean…. try explaining things to a kid who’s just hit a bone china cup with her bat thinking she could play with anything as a ball….
like i asked her…” Aise karte hain “… pat came the reply…” haanji ” !!!
Despair despair everywhere !!!!
July 29, 2009 2:43 pm|
..lol.. i know i know.. bt how long cn i prevnt it.. one day my nmbr will also cum aftrall. shud start practising with this soon-2-come-baby:)
nd yeah thnx 4 d wishes!
July 29, 2009 4:59 pm|
Atleast now I am a happy man!! No shaadi…no kids!!! 🙂
Few years more to njoy my bachelorhood 🙂
July 29, 2009 7:24 pm|
P.S. You are finally out of the woods yourself and can now dispense ‘valuable’ advise to others!
July 30, 2009 9:43 am|
@ aashi: Good Lord! Have faith, some more time to go, before you’d be thanking God like me!! 🙂
But our Anna’s ‘Haanji’ is the best in the world! I just love it the way she says that!! 🙂
@ Vipul Grover: Yeah, practicing and preparing yourself NOW is a great idea! Good luck!! 🙂
July 30, 2009 9:47 am|
@ Amrit: Oh yes, enjoy yourself, till you can! 🙂
Though, we have loads of fun and most amazing and beautiful moments with kids too!
Guess, you have pros and cons of everything!!! 🙂
@ Roshmi: Amen!
Yeah, need to Thank God for the small mercies! I am back!! 🙂
August 6, 2009 7:58 am|
r u making me scared…???? but its a gr8 feeling 🙂
August 6, 2009 9:04 am|
Nah, I am not scaring you!! I am just happy that I have crossed the bridge!!
Let me tell you its a blessing to have kids, they are the best things that can happen in your life. But, just like, everything has its pros and cons, so kids come with some ‘trouble’ too!!
But let me assure you that with the kids, the pros outweigh the cons!!
So smile and Cheers!! 🙂