Bless Me Lord, For I Have Sinned!
Ok, I am late! But, I believe in better late than never! So, here I am doing the tag, initiated by IHM, which is doing the rounds in our blog world currently and is being taken up like hot cakes.
Ritu, Smitha, Nu and Neha tagged me for ‘My Sins against Gender-Stereotypes’ This tag says, list at least ten things you have ever wanted or done which your gender is not supposed to.
And you must tag twelve blogging friends or else you will be cursed to wear blue clothes pants if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man – for next twelve years!!
And, since I am scared of curses, bless me lord, to make a good, sincere confession. So, here’s my list of what I think I do/love to, which doesn’t fit my gender stereotypes:
- Chocolates, stuffed toys, heart shaped goodies, posters of any icon (you get the drift??) from Archies/Hallmark never featured in my list to get as gifts/buy or ever found a place in my room.
- I don’t watch a single Saas-Bahu serial, in fact, can’t stand them at all.
- 90% of the times, I am wearing Jeans and Capris.
- I am the Man-Friday of our home. The first aid for our electric or plumbing mishaps, medical or emotional needs, bills and budgeting, all come under my purview.
- Jewelry and make-up have never been on my priority list.
- I love tech gadgets… in fact, I can’t live without them. I keep checking the laptops, cameras, mobiles… and keep comparing mine with the new ones or wish I had that one… And I can use all of their respective features.
- I have traveled a lot, alone! And I love exploring a new place. Am comfortable on my own even in a new city.
- I love reading books. I am proud of my mini-library at home.
- Women’s incessant talks of tele-serials, clothes and accessories, their relatives, a loooooooong story about their experience with any topic of the conversation, the attention seeking tactics and their never ending talks on phone with “What else/Aur Batao” every next minute… simply bore me!
- I prefer wearing shoes in any color so long as they are black!
Now the tough part. Almost everybody has been tagged, after checking a lot of tags, I hereby tag Kavita, Purba Ray, Rajlakshmi, Shilpa, Manna, Chatterbox, Shilpa Sharma, Pujitha, Meghana, Parth, Navita and Subhayan!!
Take it up guys!!
July 6, 2010 5:50 pm|
Good ones!! Know what? Nowadays guys have started watching those Saas-Bahu serials!!
Traveling alone is really cool!!
Oh!! Dont remind me about tech gadgets. I do that all the time and keep upgrading mine and lose lotta money 🙁
Nice to know a little bit about you.
July 6, 2010 6:03 pm|
hey its difficult for a guy to take this tag, cuz guys rarely do girly stuff, while girls . can do guy-i stuff. For example, you can wear jeans/capris while i cannot wear .. erm … you get it?
i doubt whether i can actually do this now!
July 6, 2010 6:11 pm|
ahhh nice ones..god bless you…you are such a sinner 😉
July 6, 2010 6:53 pm|
Nice one! buy why is reading considered unfeminine?
July 6, 2010 7:51 pm|
Nothing can beat the comfort of jeans. But isnt reading more feminine? I mean most of men prefer to listen to audio of a book rather than read them.
July 6, 2010 9:03 pm|
We resemble in most of them!
check mine out!
July 7, 2010 3:44 am|
Hey I tagged you too to this one 🙁 you haven’t checked it yet !
July 7, 2010 3:45 am|
here it is : http://myexpositions.wordpress.com/2010/07/06/sinning-xx-and-xy-male-female-manly-things-whatever/
July 7, 2010 4:23 am|
You are a sinner if you don’t like saas bahu serials 😉 And you say you don’t even like chocolates and “what else/Aur batao” kind of conversations on phone – Sigh then there’s no hope for you 🙁 Pliss to be joining other sinners on SAGS 🙂
July 7, 2010 4:34 am|
Traveling alone – i love it too.Thanks to the tag,now we know you little bit more.
I have been tagged for the same by Sandhya too…gotta do this one.
Have a nice day Shilpa.Thanks.
July 7, 2010 5:24 am|
I too am not a sas-nahu serial watcher 😉
in fact I hate serials !
July 7, 2010 6:29 am|
don’t watch serials? Damn lucky hubby n kiddo 😀 nice to know a bit of what Shilpa is 🙂 and ya wonder why reading book comes into the list … it is gender neutral 😉
July 7, 2010 8:57 am|
1. I love greeting cards…but no chocolates / stuffed toys for me too !!!
2. Same same…
3. Oh, yeah…I know the comfort, I do too…
4. Give me 5 !!!
5. I do love jewelry but the simple not to be seen, ones.
7. Single Female Traveller !!!
8. Will u take me as a member of ur library ???
9. What else / Aur Batao – Oh, I hate them…sometimes I avoid calling those ppl…
10. LOL !! Black shoes…
Sinner, Sinner, You are a Sinner !!! But I love it. Good u put up the badge too…
Great sin list !!! Loved reading them all.
July 7, 2010 10:57 am|
Thanks for tagging me.. I have a few similar likes n dislikes. Will sure list them down.
Loved this post.. 🙂
July 7, 2010 1:08 pm|
hey good one..Thanks for tagging !!!i think am the one who would be the farthest from sinners hehehhehe Wathc out my list 🙁
July 7, 2010 1:28 pm|
A good one.
Now , men folks make up for the loss of female viewer ship of Saas Bahu serials.
July 7, 2010 2:02 pm|
quite provoking post!
July 7, 2010 2:32 pm|
Funny! I am really impressed with the fixing-electrical-appliances-at-home bit.
July 7, 2010 5:12 pm|
apni mast pategi shilpa 😀 waise hi patti hai 😛
nice answers..you are ekdum mast person I must say 😀 I somehow do not believe liking pink makes one feminine and all..to each his own i guess 😛
July 7, 2010 6:50 pm|
Aha! Even if it’s only 140 odd members on SAGS, Ekta Kapoor is in for a mild shock!
Lovely read. Picked up the link from the FB group 🙂
July 8, 2010 4:53 am|
Good take on Gender stereotypes..
Didnt knew ladies can be so manly..:)
First time here..
July 8, 2010 6:34 am|
Wow! that was a fantastic take on the tag 🙂
Loved knowing you a bit better through those wonderful confessions 🙂
Thank you for tagging me, will come up with something soon 🙂
July 8, 2010 9:14 am|
Looks like you are quite the sinner 🙂
July 8, 2010 4:38 pm|
What a post! I wish I could post like you. Nice gud job! :).
Hi! frndz plzz must visit here
computer solution visit here okkay! thnk U!
July 9, 2010 5:46 am|
Very less people are left in the blogosphere now who havent done this tag. Nice to see your list 🙂 No saas bahu serials? Me too! Travelling alone is one thing that even I like 🙂
July 9, 2010 5:53 pm|
many bloggers have mentioned book reading in this tag. why is reading books a man thing to do? Infact I have know quite a few guys who don’t read anything except the newspaper!
July 10, 2010 2:12 am|
Are you talking about me?…Well same pinch!…but I love pink! and blue too
July 10, 2010 4:23 am|
Et tu Shilpa !! 🙂 Looks like we have many “Men Fridays” in blogworld. Great list. You are unbeatable when it comes to tags. LoL @ ‘Aur batao’.. It is seriously annoying! I hate the Archies goodies as well. Specially if they are in pink. Yuck!