Ten on Tuesday – 1
While surfing the web, I came across a Meme Ten on Tuesdays here. And I am ‘inspired’ to do the same. Of course, the topic that I am doing is original!
- Visit the Vaishno Devi Shrine.
- Visit some rare temples… there’s one temple of Balram and Revati. Of course, you must visit the famous ones too like the Raghunath temple and Bawey Wali Mata temple. Jammu is the city of temples.
- Shop for rajmah and dry fruits, pashmeena shawls/stoles, kashmiri embroidered dresses/materials/rugs.
- Try the Kashmiri wazwan especially Rista, Gushtaba, Tabak Maas etc
- Savor the vegetarian food at Pahalwan di Hatti.
- Stay at Hotel Hari Niwas Palace.
- Go for a picnic at Jhajjar Kotli which is an upstream of river Tawi
- Take a dip in the icy cold water of river Chenab.
- Visit the International Border.
- Visit the Nandini Wildlife Sanctuary which is a natural habitat for pheasants Indian mynah,Blue Rock Pigeon, Indian Peafowl, Red Junglefowl, Cheer Pheasant and chakor, leopard, wild boar, rhesus monkey, bharal and grey langur.
Coming to Jammu??
August 31, 2010 7:42 pm|
To visit Jammu is in my wish list.I want to visit Mata’s temple with my family.Now i know where to stay,what other places to visit,where to eat,what to eat and of course what to buy.A dip in Chenab sounds mmm…good !Thanks for sharing this informative post.Good night!
August 31, 2010 8:51 pm|
I want to visit Jammu at least once. Thanks for the list. It would help when I visit.
August 31, 2010 9:13 pm|
September 1, 2010 1:55 am|
A postponed visit to that region will mean that one may require a Passport and a VISA too
September 1, 2010 3:06 am|
These are great tips. I visited there years ago. I remember a trip to Baghe Bahu, just walking over the Tawi Bridge. It is full of temples and is a lovely town (or was then). I like the tip- take a dip in icy Chenab. I will if I visit again.
September 1, 2010 5:13 am|
I have been wanting to visit Jammu from a looong time.. it is on my must-see places list.. I will keep this list in mind if I ever happen to visit next time 🙂 Vaishno devi.. really want to visit!
September 1, 2010 7:48 am|
You seem to have asked for trouble,unknowingly.You have no idea how many of your blogger friends are going to land up.Some for kashmiri food and others for Rajma.
September 1, 2010 9:31 am|
The post is book marked for further reference. Will try to visit Jammu sometime.:)
September 1, 2010 12:25 pm|
I have always wanted to visit the Vaishno Devi Shrine. Now I know what other things to do when I come to Jammu. I think we all should list 10 must see/do things in the places where we live/like. That would be very informative if compiled together!
September 1, 2010 2:00 pm|
You have already invited me to Jammu 🙂 I will carry this list now..
September 1, 2010 3:11 pm|
Hey thats gonna be of great help to me on my 2nd trip ( whenever i plan )
September 1, 2010 4:01 pm|
i just landed on your blog.. and was pleased to learn that you are from Jammu.. so am I .. great blog .. keep writing =)
September 2, 2010 4:03 am|
Of course, would love to come to Jammu. 🙂 And will come with this list in hand and you better take me to all these places…. 😉 Esp, I am interested in that shopping list and of course, the food. 😉
Isnt it wonderful that wherever we go, there are lots to see, lots to taste, lots to shop and lots to feel too….we just need to let our hearts and minds free….
September 4, 2010 12:56 pm|
A trip to Jammu is on my wishlist. These tips will sure come in handy if the trip materializes, someday!
September 29, 2010 6:44 pm|
I want to visit Jammu but the security of that state is something that scares me.