Monday’s Microwave Magic : Aam Ka Paana
It’s the Mango season and it’s so very hot too. Aam ka Paana, made from raw mangoes, is a cool refreshing drink to beat the heat.
- Raw mangoes : 4-6
- Sugar : 1.5 cups
- Roasted cumin powder : 2 tsp
- Rock Salt : 1 tsp
- Water : 3 cups
- Mint leaves : 1/2 cup
- Peel the raw mangoes and chop them in small pieces. Put these in a microwave safe bowl with 3 cups of water at 100% power for 5-7 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt, roasted cumin powder to the above and microwave covered at 80% power for 8-10 minutes.
- Let this mixture be cooled for a while.
- In a blender, blend it along with mint leaves and make it a puree.
- Filter it and store it in bottles and refrigerate.
- Add 1/4 part of Aam ka Paana to 3/4 glass of cold water.
Enjoy the cool refreshing drink.
PS : You can make your Aam ka Paana sweet or salty as per your personal preference, so likewise adjust the quantity of sugar and salt!
Image Courtesy : Google Images