It’s All Black
Last evening, we went to a party and the dress code there was Black.
A friend is buying a new car, and he did an opinion poll on the color and he got 80% votes for the color Black. Another friends’ wardrobe consists mainly of Black.
And I am in sync with Henry Ford too, when I say, “I can have any shape, pattern or design of shoes and handbags, in any color – so long as it’s Black!!” Yeah, all my shoes, sandals, slip-ons, heels, flats, boots…even the sports shoes are Black! My winter wardrobe is predominantly black and decor of our home is in shades of black too.
Yes, I am sort of addicted to black! I believe, black is elegant and it is associated with timeless beauty too. In fact they say that without black, no color has any depth. But if you mix black with everything, suddenly there’s shadow – no, not just shadow, but fullness.
So, if I am asked to share 5 black things that I wish for, my list would read something like this…
- The Black Belt in Karate and other martial arts denotes competence. Karate is a great way to stay fit but given the times we live in, I’d like to learn Karate not only for self defence but also to be of help to anybody in a dangerous or a threatening situation.
- My library cupboard is packed to capacity and now the books have spilled outside and have started occupying every available space on coffee tables and shelves. Before the books take over my home, it’s time, I graduate to Kindle books. Also, with this sleek all Black Kindle ereader, I can carry hundreds of books in my bag wherever I go and also it would probably cut a few kilograms out of my backpack load too.
- My love for tea that is milky and sugary is legendary. I am told time and again that this way of having tea is not a healthy idea. While I realize all this wisdom, I am not able to cut this little dairy from my tea. I seriously think that it’s time I switch my loyalties and drink Black Tea till the cows come home!
- The Polyhouses on our farm are ready for the plantation of the first crop. The temperature, levels of light and shade, irrigation, fertilizer application, and atmospheric humidity are all controlled for crops growing in a polyhouse. And all we need is abundance of Black Clouds, so that they bring in rains. With good rains, all farm ponds and reservoirs would be full of natural water which should be sufficient for plentiful crops, all year through.
- It is said music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. And I’d like it to flow through my home. And what’s better than a Black Bose SoundTouch Stereo JC Wi-Fi music system. This black and beautiful system creates the most powerful multi-room listening experience ever. With this one can stream different music in different rooms, the same music in every room. Now isn’t that magical!
What Black things do you aspire for?
This post is a part of #WhatTheBlack activity at BlogAdda.com
Also linking this to July 2014 Ultimate Blogging Challenge and NaBloPoMo
July 22, 2014 1:19 am|
That was a nice list and pretty exhaustive too. 🙂 You covered everything right from music essentials to self defence. Loved the point on black clouds.
July 22, 2014 1:24 am|
I’m more of a coffee gal than a tea drinker, although I did buy me a win a small teapot w/two matching cups and saucers online a couple of months ago. You have a lovely home, Shilpa. And I have to admit being a wee bit jealous of the poly houses. Our tomatoes are starting to come in and they’re just out there for wind, rain, bugs and pets. But I canned some tomato juice last night (DH’s favorite).
July 22, 2014 3:18 am|
Every color has a place and purpose and black somehow has the special touch of class and authority to it. Right now, the hot summer has me sporting black shades and yearning for the black clouds to shower some respite 🙂
July 22, 2014 3:19 am|
Interesting lists..have quite a few Black lists, tee shirt, Ipad cover, belt to wear on jeans:)
July 22, 2014 5:34 am|
Among the colours, black is a royal colour.It has the charm which no other colour has got. Your house also looks royal !
July 22, 2014 9:04 am|
Very helpful list, Shilpa!
Earning a black-belt in Karate is much needed for today’s world…
My library is also in a similar state with books spilling over 🙂
July 22, 2014 11:16 am|
I want that perfect Little Black dress and black pearls!
I love the colour black and think its very elegant 🙂
July 22, 2014 11:31 am|
I know the other 4 black things may be better but I just loved the black belt 🙂 Haha.. so smart!
July 22, 2014 5:53 pm|
Black is THE best!
May all your wishes come true!
July 22, 2014 6:00 pm|
Hey Shilpa – Seems like you and Vidya have a lot more in common than an upcoming trip! 🙄
July 22, 2014 10:22 pm|
Oh Karate black belt is something I want too 😀 I had joined but had to discontinue by the time I got 4th belt 😛
July 23, 2014 10:41 am|
Black is one of my favorite colors too. Have quite a few things in black. Wish u all the best for the contest.
July 23, 2014 3:41 pm|
black belt hmmmmm wowo, well not many know but I was almost there till my knee went for a six 🙂 .. now i dont risk it just in case ..
and that BOSE system WOWO…
my favourite colour is Black tooo now 🙂
July 23, 2014 5:44 pm|
Black is indeed beautiful Shilpa. Nice list there.
July 23, 2014 7:59 pm|
Pretty exhaustive description about the extend of Black dominance. Indeed it is not bad the colour black.
It is pretty unfortunate that black is identified with all that is not good.
July 25, 2014 7:20 pm|
I too would love to have black belt 😀 Loved the decor 🙂
July 25, 2014 7:36 pm|
Might sound mad,crazy to you.
Black was my colour till one day Shah Rukh Khan described black as his favourite…..I can’t stand him.I never see his movies.I switch channels if appears on one.
But,in any case,you have covered most of it
July 27, 2014 1:45 am|
black and gold is a combination i like even in tea cups. i like black kindle, black wallet and shilpa don’t tell me you are going to read e-books. you were one of the inspiration for me to read physical books from e-books. I think it is a versatile color.
Wow! do you have a farm, share some photos when you grow.