Explore Dream Discover
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. – St. Augustine.
Being a zodiac sign that symbolizes travel, it comes as no surprise that exploring and discovering new places comes naturally to me. Travel can mean differently at different points of time. Sometimes, travel is to get lost in a new place, explore its heritage, culture and cuisine, meet new people and learn about their lifestyle and traditions. Sometimes, it is to relax in a serene and quaint little place or to immerse in the lap of luxury. And sometimes, it is to expect the unexpected. Whatever is the objective, to me travel is always a thrilling, exciting, inspiring, rejuvenating and an enlightening experience.
- Tranquility in the Rice Fields @ Ubud, Bali, Indonesia : For a quiet and a relaxing vacation and to spend quality time with family, I’d like to go to this beautiful, tranquil home which is far from the madding crowds and away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist destinations. Located at Penestanan, a lovely rice field village, I liked this serene and tranquil haven which also has flora, fauna and wild-life. With full grown coconut and bananas trees… even in the bathroom; with flowers, butterflies and birds around, this is one place, I can’t wait to be there!
- A Fairy-tale Gingerbread House @ Geyserville, CA, United States : We’ve all grown up reading fairy tales with beautiful and magical places. How about living in a house that is straight out of a fairy tale!! I loved this uniquely constructed Gingerbread House at the Isis Oasis Retreat Center which looks so cozy from inside. Two people can sleep downstairs and one can comfortably sleep in the loft and that is simply perfect for us!! Earthen trees are wrapped around the hut making it feel as though it were being embraced by the trees. It has a wood-fired oven outside which will be put to good use by KG, with a picnic table. Close access to the pool, sauna and hot tub sounds heavenly! Aah! Would love to be a part of this earthen adventure!
- TRULLO “Black Cherry”, Putignano @ Apulia, Italy : Who doesn’t love history and old houses with a centuries-old history! This old historic house in the heart of Itria Valley, promises just that! The beautiful scenery of the countryside characterized by a succession of trulli and country houses and the paved country roads that allow long walks on foot or by bicycle is so inviting and alluring!
- Treehouse at Lush Permaculture Farm @ Miami, FL, United States : After seeing Treehouse Masters on Discovery Channel TV for so long, we have this dream to make a Treehouse on our farm too. Till our lil sapling grows to a real big tree and until we make our own Treehouse, how about living in a Treehouse that is nestled within the pithocilobium tree! This place is an urban oasis and a permaculture farm. We can enjoy goats, pigs, emus, chickens and a colorful community of people. and can get fresh veggies, eggs and honey! How wonderful is that!
- Solar Powered Palapa w/Ocean View @ San Jose Del Cabo, Los Cabos, Mexico : KG always talks of going back to roots! Don’t know when that would happen but in the mean time we can explore this rustic home in this unique setting overlooking the break at Shipwreck’s Beach and check whether we can survive at a place that is simple and basic! This little hut overlooks the sea which has great waves to surf when they’re rolling in…great beaches, swimming and wind surfing when they’re not. The desert meets the sea here so there’s burros and sea turtles on the beach, and cactus, wildflowers and beautiful arroyos to explore. Now that’s the best of all worlds!
We must take adventures to know where we truly belong. Hope we get to explore and soak in the beauty of all these places soon.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain