Explore Dream Discover
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. – St. Augustine.
Being a zodiac sign that symbolizes travel, it comes as no surprise that exploring and discovering new places comes naturally to me. Travel can mean differently at different points of time. Sometimes, travel is to get lost in a new place, explore its heritage, culture and cuisine, meet new people and learn about their lifestyle and traditions. Sometimes, it is to relax in a serene and quaint little place or to immerse in the lap of luxury. And sometimes, it is to expect the unexpected. Whatever is the objective, to me travel is always a thrilling, exciting, inspiring, rejuvenating and an enlightening experience.
I dream of exploring a lot of places and be a real wanderer. Today I’d like to share a few places that are on my wish-list, places where I’d like to spend our holidays…
- Tranquility in the Rice Fields @ Ubud, Bali, Indonesia : For a quiet and a relaxing vacation and to spend quality time with family, I’d like to go to this beautiful, tranquil home which is far from the madding crowds and away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist destinations. Located at Penestanan, a lovely rice field village, I liked this serene and tranquil haven which also has flora, fauna and wild-life. With full grown coconut and bananas trees… even in the bathroom; with flowers, butterflies and birds around, this is one place, I can’t wait to be there!
- A Fairy-tale Gingerbread House @ Geyserville, CA, United States : We’ve all grown up reading fairy tales with beautiful and magical places. How about living in a house that is straight out of a fairy tale!! I loved this uniquely constructed Gingerbread House at the Isis Oasis Retreat Center which looks so cozy from inside. Two people can sleep downstairs and one can comfortably sleep in the loft and that is simply perfect for us!! Earthen trees are wrapped around the hut making it feel as though it were being embraced by the trees. It has a wood-fired oven outside which will be put to good use by KG, with a picnic table. Close access to the pool, sauna and hot tub sounds heavenly! Aah! Would love to be a part of this earthen adventure!
- TRULLO “Black Cherry”, Putignano @ Apulia, Italy : Who doesn’t love history and old houses with a centuries-old history! This old historic house in the heart of Itria Valley, promises just that! The beautiful scenery of the countryside characterized by a succession of trulli and country houses and the paved country roads that allow long walks on foot or by bicycle is so inviting and alluring!
- Treehouse at Lush Permaculture Farm @ Miami, FL, United States : After seeing Treehouse Masters on Discovery Channel TV for so long, we have this dream to make a Treehouse on our farm too. Till our lil sapling grows to a real big tree and until we make our own Treehouse, how about living in a Treehouse that is nestled within the pithocilobium tree! This place is an urban oasis and a permaculture farm. We can enjoy goats, pigs, emus, chickens and a colorful community of people. and can get fresh veggies, eggs and honey! How wonderful is that!
- Solar Powered Palapa w/Ocean View @ San Jose Del Cabo, Los Cabos, Mexico : KG always talks of going back to roots! Don’t know when that would happen but in the mean time we can explore this rustic home in this unique setting overlooking the break at Shipwreck’s Beach and check whether we can survive at a place that is simple and basic! This little hut overlooks the sea which has great waves to surf when they’re rolling in…great beaches, swimming and wind surfing when they’re not. The desert meets the sea here so there’s burros and sea turtles on the beach, and cactus, wildflowers and beautiful arroyos to explore. Now that’s the best of all worlds!
We must take adventures to know where we truly belong. Hope we get to explore and soak in the beauty of all these places soon.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain
This post is written for Indiblogger.in and Airbnb #AirbnbWishList
December 6, 2014 3:26 pm|
Liked your picks Shilpa…Travel can be so liberating, especially when life gets too busy …
December 16, 2014 11:09 pm|
These homes look so cool na? Oh yes, travel opens up the world for us.. a great experience indeed!
December 6, 2014 4:18 pm|
I love that tree house. I so want one for myself 🙂
December 16, 2014 11:11 pm|
Go for it, then, Rajesh. After all, if you can dream it you can do it! 🙂
December 6, 2014 6:12 pm|
Those are some beautiful places, Shilpa! Wouldn’t this be a dream theme for the A to Z Challenge? “Places I Have Traveled”. :O)
December 16, 2014 11:15 pm|
Aha! That’s an idea, LuAnn. Though, for me, it would be “Places I’d like to travel”. Incidentally, a friend, Eli, did this series this year! 🙂
December 6, 2014 6:36 pm|
Oh, those could be my thoughts too, shilpa. I think similarly about travel. i want to go to all those places you have mentioned and would love to do the same things. Hope your wish list comes true soon.
December 16, 2014 11:21 pm|
I am so inspired by this quote… Traveling- it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller! 🙂 Thank you and may you explore a lot of our world too, Asha 🙂
December 7, 2014 4:51 am|
Those places all sound wonderful! I hope you have a chance to visit them all. 🙂
December 16, 2014 11:22 pm|
Arent they lovely and beautiful. Thanks Laurel 🙂
December 7, 2014 7:53 am|
These are such beautiful places, would love to visit them all 🙂 But that tree house – now that’s the winner for me!
December 16, 2014 11:24 pm|
Aah! That tree house is a beauty! I love it !!
December 7, 2014 3:10 pm|
Great photos and how fun it would be to travel to all those places! I hope you get to travel to at least some of them, if not all! I especially love the first with the bright colours and BIG windows, and the tree house looks like a lot of fun! 😉 <3
December 16, 2014 11:25 pm|
May this becomes a reality for us sooon 🙂 Thanks Elly 🙂 ♥
December 7, 2014 11:31 pm|
Solar Powered Palapa w/Ocean View ….. breathtaking! And that tree house… too good. Loved your picks. Wishing you could tick off your travel list very soon. 🙂
December 16, 2014 11:26 pm|
Thanks Sheethal. 🙂
December 8, 2014 6:20 pm|
Nice pick and wish list.
In case I had to prioritise,I would go to this site in Italy.
Italy is a beautiful place.
December 16, 2014 11:26 pm|
Italy is on our wish list! Thanks for recommending it! 🙂
December 13, 2014 12:09 am|
I would also go to the Fairy-tale Gingerbread House! Looks like my wish-list.
December 16, 2014 11:27 pm|
Gingerbread House is so creative. I am sure this house would be a hot with children and adults alike 🙂