Something is Better than Nothing
Writer’s block is threatening to take over this blog of mine. The blog is certainly starving as the last post was written exactly 8 days ago.I push myself to dish out a super quick 55er or rant about some random thought, but the blinking cursor on the blank page has mesmerized me. I snap myself out of the reverie and reach out to my trusted memes at the Sunday Stealing. And as always, it takes me a few minutes to get going with the Q&As of this Big Bad Meme. Why it is called the Big Bad Meme…well, I don’t know. But, here I go with their Qs and my As…
- Is there anyone else in the room with you atm? What are they doing? I am alone at the moment!
- Do you show your teeth when you smile, or do you prefer smiling with your lips closed? I just checked my pictures on Facebook and in almost all of them my teeth are visible. That’s a revelation!
- Would you rather be told the truth, even if it isn’t what you want to hear? Aah! The truth that hurts or the lie that you want to hear! Oh, without a doubt, truth always.
- What is something that you plan to buy, as soon as you’ve saved up the money for it? Wide angle lens for my DSLR.
- Do you play Sudoku? No. Numbers are not my forte. Word games and puzzles are what I like the most. Mom is a Sudoku addict though and she is quite an expert at solving them.
- Have you ever had a migraine? Thankfully, no.
- What was the last book you read for pleasure? Mrs Funnybones by Twinkle Khanna. Really liked her style of wit and humour.
- What was the last item of clothing you purchased for yourself? Some tops.
- Your first serious relationship, do you still talk to him/her? Yes
- Who is the last person you texted? My best friend from school days. It’s her birthday today.
- How close is your family? Very close-knit! Touchwood!
- Is there anything too serious to be joked about? Yes, lots of things, but there’s a difference between handling a tragedy /trauma / pain with humour and making jokes about it.
- Do you like to understand and have good knowledge of things? Absolutely!
- What is worse? Back pain or shoulder pain? Certainly, back pain. It troubles me a LOT, especially when I have to stand for long hours!
- Have you ever almost fallen off of something high off the ground? Oh! Tripping and falling is my middle name.
- What’s one fruit you love in drinks? Lime
- What is something simple that you’re afraid of? Lizards. Yesterday, I found a dead lizard in a corner and it freaked me out. Had to call my maid who was working at the neighbours to remove it. She was laughing at me even today as she couldn’t believe that somebody could get scared of a dead lizard. Of course, she doesn’t know that I was a Bio student once had dissected hundreds of animals without a qualm in my younger days!
- Has this weekend been good? Yes, pretty relaxing!
- How much time do you take to get ready in the morning? Depends on the available time. Last month, at a training workshop, after silencing the alarm, I decided to get that 5 more minutes of sleep. And when I opened my eyes and looked at the phone clock, I jumped out of bed in an adrenaline-gushing state of emergency! I just had less than ten minutes to reach the conference hall. I got ready in record 5 minutes with bath et al. I created a personal record of its kind that day!
- Last movie you watched in a theatre and with whom? Tanu Weds Manu Returns in Shimla with Aaryan and his friends and their mommies. The boys were not keen to watch it but we forced it on them as we had 4 hours to kill before it was time for the scheduled departure of our bus.
Aah! Finally a post is done! Something is better than nothing! Do you agree?
November 9, 2015 2:49 am|
I agree, Shilpa. And I enjoyed reading your answers too. 🙂
November 9, 2015 4:21 am|
Absolutely something is better than nothing. Congratulations for getting back on the bandwagon, Shilpa!
This reminds me of two falls I had when I was a child. 1. We had wooden stairs (no handrail) going down to our unfinished basement. I tumbled down the stairs and landed on the concrete. 2. Leaving my mother’s house, I headed off the porch and tripped on a lawn hose, falling over the stairs and landing on the (concrete) … landing.
Hmmm…that may explain a few things! *lol*
November 9, 2015 5:28 am|
Why don’t you write more about your falls. That’ll make interesting blog post content, don’t you think?? 😛
November 9, 2015 6:05 am|
Interesting answers, Shilpa.
November 9, 2015 9:20 am|
You’re very disciplined! My blog is lying neglected for more than 10 days (I haven’t checked exactly for fear of getting another shock!!).
November 9, 2015 11:09 am|
Lovely to get a slice of yr life here Shilpa! Thank you!! 🙂
November 9, 2015 11:53 am|
I completely agree….and it’s good that you are back, I’m gonna learn from you coz I’m also undergoing the same situation since long. It’s an eye opening message for me!
November 9, 2015 2:34 pm|
Looks like you wrote this post for me shilpa:) I have not been well physically drained coz of fever and added to this; I was supposed to co author a research paper, somehow managed; did not even look at my blog….. well I am learning to accept my limitations, sometimes its like this and am glad the way you have dealt with yourself, thanks for sharing…. always happy to read your post.
November 9, 2015 9:16 pm|
That’s an awesome one, just love the quirky answers. Sometimes, time is so precious that makes us struggle to blog with work and all.
November 10, 2015 9:24 am|
Totally agree!! Memes are fun plus I think there are quick to do 🙂
November 11, 2015 5:01 am|
November 11, 2015 5:03 am|
still trying to comment. I love your blog. I’m glad you did sunday stealing. Let’s see if this posts.
November 11, 2015 4:57 pm|
oh yes definitely a POST 🙂 loved your answers .. and this time i have finally a reply to one of the questions that is fresh .. last moview i watched SPECTRE 🙂 sunday 2 days back he he he he
Happy Diwali to you nad family and Everyone around you .
November 12, 2015 12:11 am|
Aha! So even the best of the best still get the writer’s block every now and then 🙂 I liked reading the answers to all those questions. Interesting perspectives 🙂
November 12, 2015 8:34 pm|
That is such a great way to conquer writer’s block. Enjoyed reading your answers, Shilpa. 🙂 Keep writing. 🙂
November 15, 2015 1:50 pm|
agree agree.something is better than nothing and i am doing this.:)