New Year Goals
Happy New Year, Folks!
It’s that time of the year when reflection, looking inside and looking forward, goals, resolutions dominate our mind space. After all, a brand new year is the perfect time to take stock of our life and its situations, our dreams, hopes and aspirations.
As I sit and look back and reflect on the past, I also think about the future. And somehow I get a good vibe about the year 2016. There I said it. I hope I dont jinx it now! This new year appears to be full of promise and opportunity and I want to make the most of it. I know, it sounds clichéd but there’s something magical and wonderful about the new year. So, I am going ahead and listing my goals for 2016… the goals that will guide me, push me to be a better me.
1. Get Organised : I take pride in saying that I am an organised person. But lately I am seeing myself pulled in multiple directions and really struggling to meet the deadlines.
- I want to organize my blogging time better and focus on interaction with readers too. I seriously falter in replying to comments on blog. I’d like to change that.
- I want to cut down on social media which is a big time-sucker for me and devote a specific time for it.
- Plan better and complete my assignments/projects on time.
2. Read More : I read some 80 books last year and this year I want to read a lot more. I want to explore new authors and their works, read different genres and re-read some books again. More often than not, I just drag and push myself through a painfully boring novel just to check it off my list and this really slows and slackens the reading spree. So, this year, I want to stop reading a book that does not appeal to me. More about my reading goals in the next post.
3. Learn Something New : By trials and errors, amidst lots of failed attempts and then successful ones, I learnt the art and science of baking cakes and cookies last year. I have a long way to go but I am happy with my progress. This year, I’d like to get better at photography, take some online courses, delve deeper into Reiki and all this along with the lessons life teaches every day!
4. Fit in Fitness : Aah! This is my Achilles heel. This is one goal that eludes me. I just can’t keep a commitment to any fitness regime for more than a few days. But it is something that I cannot ignore any more. A casual observation by a friend pushed me to go on a 10-day sugar detox last month. I did it successfully and am continuing with it but the craving for my sweet tea is still very strong. I know it takes three months before a change becomes a routine. So, I am cutting down on my sugar intake and plan to walk, exercise and swim religiously this year, till fitness becomes a way of life!
While, I know I will ace the first three goals, the last one needs me to push myself out of my comfort zone and Do It just like Nike! Fingers crossed and push, shove, best wishes are very much needed for that!
Do you believe in new year resolutions? What are your goals for 2016?