It happened while surfing the net. Read one, then read some more and then started reading many more. And I liked the ideas shared, thoughts expressed, opinions voiced or even plain chatter.
Whenever, had a lil’ more time or was bored or didn’t had anything great on the cards, I would read them. And the time would just fly!
Yeah, you got it right, I am talking about Blogs!
And then one fine day, a dear friend MM pushed me to create one of my own. And “A rose is a rose is a rose!” was born. With a lot of apprehensions, I explored this new realm.
Initially had to prod and pester family and friends to read and comment on my blog…so much so that a mere mention of my blog and they’d either vanish or change the topic of conversation!! What a pest I must have been!!
Slowly and steadily, had some regular readers. And with them my horizon increased. Through them I explored their worlds too.
And thus, today I feel I have a huge chunk of blogs on my plate which I want to savor, soak, and support. But am I able to do so??
The answer is not completely!!
In a short span of time, I have found a variety of blogs which I read/want to read.
- There are some mandatory reading blogs…you have to read them, because you just love reading them!
- And some are friendship blogs…dosti ki hai to nibhani bhi padegi, so you got to read their blogs too!
- Then there are request blogs…”Please check out my latest post or you have not read my last post”.
- Also, some new ones for the week/day, courtesy Blogadda Picks and IndiVine @ IndiBlogger.
- Then some are casual acquaintances blogs, you read their comment on some blog and like their ideas so you move to check out their blog!
- Of course, the very important people on your own blog…the followers and commenters…their blogs form a must read list too.
- And some ‘once upon a time’ blogs…you read them earlier but no longer now.
And despite my best intentions, I miss out on a huge number.
Excuses Distractions are many…phone calls, work, or Google Talk or FB chat or time to harvest the crop at FV or even long posts!
Various thoughts are passing by, to rectify this situation…
- Should I make a schedule…Blogs A to E on Mondays…F to J on… (I know…it’s maddening!)
- Should I dedicate 1 hour everyday for dedicated blog reading??
- Should focus more on blogs rather than playing addictive games on FB??
Whatever, it is, I guess, it’s time to pull up my socks!!
What say you??
Image Courtesy : http://cnx.org