Last evening, we went to a party and the dress code there was Black.
A friend is buying a new car, and he did an opinion poll on the color and he got 80% votes for the color Black. Another friends’ wardrobe consists mainly of Black.
And I am in sync with Henry Ford too, when I say, “I can have any shape, pattern or design of shoes and handbags, in any color – so long as it’s Black!!” Yeah, all my shoes, sandals, slip-ons, heels, flats, boots…even the sports shoes are Black! My winter wardrobe is predominantly black and decor of our home is in shades of black too.
Yes, I am sort of addicted to black! I believe, black is elegant and it is associated with timeless beauty too. In fact they say that without black, no color has any depth. But if you mix black with everything, suddenly there’s shadow – no, not just shadow, but fullness.
So, if I am asked to share 5 black things that I wish for, my list would read something like this…
- The Black Belt in Karate and other martial arts denotes competence. Karate is a great way to stay fit but given the times we live in, I’d like to learn Karate not only for self defence but also to be of help to anybody in a dangerous or a threatening situation.
- My library cupboard is packed to capacity and now the books have spilled outside and have started occupying every available space on coffee tables and shelves. Before the books take over my home, it’s time, I graduate to Kindle books. Also, with this sleek all Black Kindle ereader, I can carry hundreds of books in my bag wherever I go and also it would probably cut a few kilograms out of my backpack load too.
- My love for tea that is milky and sugary is legendary. I am told time and again that this way of having tea is not a healthy idea. While I realize all this wisdom, I am not able to cut this little dairy from my tea. I seriously think that it’s time I switch my loyalties and drink Black Tea till the cows come home!
- The Polyhouses on our farm are ready for the plantation of the first crop. The temperature, levels of light and shade, irrigation, fertilizer application, and atmospheric humidity are all controlled for crops growing in a polyhouse. And all we need is abundance of Black Clouds, so that they bring in rains. With good rains, all farm ponds and reservoirs would be full of natural water which should be sufficient for plentiful crops, all year through.
- It is said music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. And I’d like it to flow through my home. And what’s better than a Black Bose SoundTouch Stereo JC Wi-Fi music system. This black and beautiful system creates the most powerful multi-room listening experience ever. With this one can stream different music in different rooms, the same music in every room. Now isn’t that magical!
What Black things do you aspire for?