Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do
Last week, I had asked you a question. It was “How do you cope up with the tough times, during the tough times?” Or in other words, how do you keep yourself sane or positive, during tough times? What strategies or methods you adopt during these tough times?
And I am absolutely overwhelmed by your kindness and generosity in sharing your thoughts, views, strategies, tips and suggestions for coping the adverse times.
Thank you Jayashree, Uma, Destination Infinity, Rachna, Richa, Kajal, Swapna, Tulika, Maggie, Sunil, Nisha, SG, Kathy, Reshma, Afshan, Asha, Mrs Usha Menon, Sid, Archana, Deeps, Neeraj, Seeta, Sri, Vishal, Ashwini, Pixie, Divya, Kalpana, Praveen, Suzy, Rekha, Rama, Nabanita, Alka, Sheethal, Vidya, Anil and Mr B K Chowla. I really appreciate that you took time to share some words of wisdom.
I have compiled the main learnings from each one of your responses for an easy read.
Here are the lessons we’ve learned along the way:
- The power of prayers. We can be tired, weary and emotionally distraught, but after spending time alone with God, we find that He injects into our bodies energy, power and strength, which is so very needed to cope up during tough times.
- Accept the situation. Whatever happens in our lives has a reason to it. Keep an open mind. When it rains it pours. Maybe the art of life is to convert tough times to great experiences: we can choose to hate the rain or dance in it.
- Look at problem from all angles, take stock of the situation and find strategies to cope. If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else. So think and plan and find solutions.
- This too shall pass. If we climb high enough, we will reach a height from which tragedy ceases to look tragic.
- Count your blessings. My problem is smaller than that of others. Sometimes we focus so much on what we don’t have that we fail to see, appreciate, and use what we do have!
- Never give up, Move on. You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it’s enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.”
- Divert yourself. Keep yourself busy with whatever interests and calms you…Writing, yoga, painting, movies, traveling, shopping, spa, music, Reiki… In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.
- Talk with family and friends. When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand. Ideas actually begin to grow within us and come to life.
- Look at the signs… they are everywhere. The universe is so well balanced that the mere fact that you have a problem also serves as a sign that there is a solution.
Sometimes we need a few pointers that help us gain that inner strength, that help us get through tough times and help us see the positive light. Stay blessed, stay positive always.
To read posts by fellow friends and UBC and NaBloPoMo participants, click here Jairam, Kajal, Kathy, Michelle, Nabanita, Richa, Suzy Que, Sheethal. Yes, we can do we with some more cheering and support.