A to Z Challenge 2014 : News and Views
April is just around the corner and we are gearing up for the Blogging from A to Z April 2014 Challenge. As you know, I have volunteered to assist the co-hosts this year, as a lot needs to be done behind the scenes. Yes, already more than 1200 bloggers have signed up for this mega blogging event.
My co-host is the amazing AJ who blogs at Naturally Sweet. AJ is a published author, her first book was Armageddon: Pick Your Plot co-written with her good friend Dan. Pick Your Plot books are interactive fiction, which means that we as a reader, get to decide where the story goes. Fun, isnt it? Armageddon explores end-world prophecies and has 42 story endings – and we the readers die in 33 of them. Hey, it says Armageddon! What else can be expected? She is currently finishing a second book called Sky Pirates: Pick Your Plot which will come out this year. When she is not writing (or at her “real job”) she is usually outside gardening, hiking or running.
Am excited and happy to join AJ’s team as wHooligan. My fellow wHooligans are TaMara Sloan, Elsie Turtle, LuAnn Braley, Kripali Kulkarni and Helen Jameson.
I am thrilled to share with you that AJ has featured me on her blog. You may like to say Hi to AJ (and me) there!
The air is abuzz with excitement as the April festivities are about to begin. Are you joining us this April? All you have to do is sign up for the challenge here.
Reasons you may ask? Well, I’ll share my reasons to join this A to Z Challenge 2014:
- Camaraderie : I simply love and enjoy the camaraderie of these virtual community events. The support from fellow bloggers and fun of flocking at each other’s blog is simply amazing.
- Active grey cells : Thinking about a new blog post everyday keeps the grey cells active… very active! Everything I look at, is from a blogging perspective, during these challenges. Also, these challenges certainly push me to think out of the box.
- Keeps me motivated : With a fabulous group of fellow bloggers to support and cheer you, who wouldn’t be motivated and excited to read and write everyday!!
- A good daily habit : “We first make our habits, and then our habits make us”, said John Dryden. Doing something every day is such a powerful way to form a habit and nothing is more satisfying and enriching than developing a daily habit of reading and writing!
- Develop a new network : I discovered a new set of bloggers during the last A to Z Challenge and some more during the FMS May Photo Challenge. It is interesting to discover new styles, new perspectives and newer like minded virtual friends.
- A learning experience : Everyday one learns something new. A new outlook to an issue, some new blogging techniques, a different presentation, some interesting interactions…
- Challenging self : Martin Luther King Jr said, the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge … and I agree with him. Only after we accept the challenges, we can feel the exhilaration of achievement and success.
Do these reasons excite you to join us for Blogging from A to Z April 2014 Challenge?? Believe me, it is a whole lot of fun and much more!
March 15, 2014 4:02 pm|
So excited! My first time in A to Z!
March 15, 2014 9:07 pm|
We will have a rocking time, this April, Shailaja!! 🙂
March 15, 2014 4:24 pm|
Hurray to Shilpa and her wHooligans!
Yes shilpa, challenges knock you out of your comfort zone and keeps you on your creative toes. Go shilpa, will cheer you along. Good luck!
March 15, 2014 9:08 pm|
Love you Asha and your support!! Appreciate it a LOT 🙂 ♥ ♥
March 15, 2014 7:15 pm|
Shilpa, you are one of my main inspirations for the challenge. I hope to get to the end. 🙂
March 15, 2014 9:09 pm|
WE WILL DO IT, Latha, believe me!! 🙂 ♥
March 15, 2014 8:19 pm|
Shilpa I had decided not to participate. After reading your inspiring words, I am again in double mind.
March 15, 2014 9:11 pm|
Oh, Ma’am!! You can do it!! You have done most of it, already!! Believe me, it is going to be a cake walk! Pls dont back out!! In case, you need any help or support, please let me know. I’ll be happy to help! 🙂 ♥
March 15, 2014 9:49 pm|
Wish you all the best.
March 16, 2014 7:59 pm|
Thank you so much, SG. Why dont you join us for this challenge?? 🙂
March 16, 2014 1:59 am|
You go girl!
I would love to participate in A-Z challenge, but not sure yet if I would be able to.
March 16, 2014 8:00 pm|
You CAN do it, Hemlata!! You still have time to plan and prepare! So just hurry and sign-up for the challenge ASAP! Looking forward to you joining us this April! 🙂
March 16, 2014 2:51 am|
Pick yoUr own plot seems interesting . Have fun with the challenge
March 16, 2014 8:46 pm|
It sure looks so interesting! I read about it for the first time on AJ’s blog only! Thanks, wish you’d join in too! 🙂
March 16, 2014 10:18 am|
I signed up for A-Z about a week back. Yesterday, I received an email from AJ with guidelines and tips, and offering to answer any questions. You guys are doing a great job!
March 16, 2014 8:47 pm|
Wow! That’s awesome that you are in too, for this challenge 🙂
Thanks, I am taking it as a great learning experience 🙂
March 16, 2014 12:50 pm|
Yayy…my first time! So excited! 🙂
March 16, 2014 8:49 pm|
It will be awesome fun, believe me 😀
March 16, 2014 2:49 pm|
You will do well, Shilpa! All the best!
March 16, 2014 8:51 pm|
Thanks a lot, Nisha! 🙂
March 17, 2014 7:58 pm|
Ok I got inspired and now I’m joining in!!! Excited 😀
March 21, 2014 5:55 pm|
That’s super cool, Nisha 😀
March 16, 2014 9:18 pm|
This is my third year. Every year has been exciting. The A-Z has a special excitement that no other challenge really emulates. At least for me it does. It is a lot of fun. I have a vague idea how I am going to approach the A-Z this year. I have even thought of planning it out ahead of time even though I have never done that in the past.
March 21, 2014 5:56 pm|
You are a rock star, Kathy!! You will rock this challenge, I know it 🙂 ♥
March 17, 2014 1:42 am|
I’m so excited but I just hope I don’t mess it up!
March 21, 2014 5:57 pm|
You wont! How can you think that way, Nabanita? 😀
We will ace it for sure 🙂
March 17, 2014 10:34 am|
yep..just hopping over to sign up……have been absent from the blogging scene for too long now, and taking up this A-Z in april is just what I need!! and besides, i remember how much fun it was last time around…so yeah i’m in!
March 21, 2014 5:58 pm|
Yayyy!! Glad you are joining in too, S!! Oh yes, the fun we had last year, it would be super fun this year, I can feel it, already 😀
March 17, 2014 6:49 pm|
Fantastic, Shilpa! I know you’ll ace it all. 🙂
March 21, 2014 5:59 pm|
Yes, we will ace it, Corinne 🙂 Thank you for all your support! 🙂
March 18, 2014 5:19 pm|
I take great pleasure in watching my friends compete and win.
But,Shilpa,you sure have it in you to take up these cahllenges.
March 21, 2014 5:59 pm|
Appreciate your support, Mr Chowla. Thank you so much 🙂
March 20, 2014 6:09 am|
I just wanted to stop by and say hello and wish you the best of luck with the challenge. I am looking forward to your posts.
March 21, 2014 6:00 pm|
Hello Doreen. Good to see you here. Thank you and wishing you the very best too. Cheers 🙂
March 29, 2014 11:21 am|
super exciting article and good luck ! 😀