Recovery from a Crash
We have more or less moved towards a paperless work environment. With almost everyone having access to a computer or a laptop and a smart phone, use of paper is on a downtrend. Going paperless, not only decreases our environmental footprint but also clears clutters from offices and homes and of course, saves time from hunting through stacks of papers or files.
Data on our computers is all we own. Right from the official communications to personal emails, work projects and presentations, photographs from our DSL cameras and smart phones, invoices to receipts, all are stored on our computer systems.
What would happen if we were to lose all this data unexpectedly. I am sure the mere thought of it would give us nightmares. But we may lose data due to…
- Computer crashes – This is catastrophic and always happen when you least expect it.
- Computer viruses and malware –Malicious viruses can corrupt files, disable computers and damage data.
- Mechanical damages of hard drive – Hard drives of computers are the most fragile parts of computers and can fail suddenly and without warning. How dreadful it would be to lose data which you have generated and stored for years.
- Physical computer damage – Spilling drinks on your laptop or sudden voltage fluctuations, accidentally dropping of laptop can damage system and data.
- Accidental deletion of data – This often happens when you perform a ‘Select All’ + ‘Shift-Delete’ operation without individually checking everything.
- Theft – Yes, that happens too, especially during travel or in a crowded place.
Sadly, I have experienced no. 1 and 2 and have friends who have suffered the loss of data due to no. 3, 4, 5 and 6!
God forbid, but if your hard drive has crashed due to any of the above mentioned reasons and you no longer have access to your critical data files, what will you do! I mean apart from panicking that is!
Well, relax and stop panicking. Help is now available even for this nightmarish episode.
Most people regularly back up their files to their computer hard drive, but in the event of a total computer breakdown this activity is futile. Saving data on an external hard drive, or a large-capacity pen drive is another option. However this method is only as secure as the device you’re backing up to. This storage device can also get damaged and result in data loss. A safer and more effective method of securing files is online backup. In this case, despite best intentions, you may forget to update your files as often as you should, leaving a large amount of recent work unprotected.
A more safer and efficient way to recover the loss of data is available in the form of Data Recovery.
Data Recovery is the process of recovering data from damaged, corrupted or inaccessible secondary storage media and operating systems that has been lost by either hardware failure, human error, software bugs, a virus or a natural disaster. The Data Recovery software, can recover lost or deleted data from your hard disk or external drive. The scan engine of the software is so powerful that it can retrieve any file you ever lost and with the efficient search option, finding any specific file is extremely easy.
- Recover Documents, Photos and 300 other file types
- Efficiently scans more than 2TB of data
- Recover files with an advanced find option
- Supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac, Linux, Novell and Unix Data
- Supports NTFS, FAT and ExFAT file systems
- Memory Card Recovery : Contacts, files, songs, videos, images saved on phone’s memory card can be recovered too
- Brings back lost or deleted volumes
- Resurrects corrupted hard disks : Hard Disk Recovery is another feature of this software. File Recovery tool can easily undelete files from your corrupted pen drive, hard disk, memory card and even your camera’s memory. It also supports several types of memory cards including CF cards, Flash cards, SD card (Mini SD, Micro SD and SDHC card) and even Mini Disks.
- Sorts your files exactly the way you want : Filtered Tree option to make it easier to get back those data in the most possible sorted order
When my laptop crashed, I used the services of Stellar Data Recovery. Stellar Data Recovery is a leading information technology company that has revolutionized the concept of data recovery with smart, simple software and services. Their data recovery, repair and system optimization tools help us by bringing back the loss from catastrophic data loss situations. Headquartered in Gurgaon, Stellar has been serving the various data recovery needs of this part of the globe. With offices in USA and Europe, Stellar Data Recovery has further expanded its reach. The data recovery labs in the Netherlands and India are one of their kinds. Apart from hard disk recovery, RAID recovery they also specialize in Memory card recovery services.
The bottom line is that the data on our computer systems is valuable and it is imperative to take steps to protect the information stored from sudden loss.