What Am I Thinking About Now?
What am I thinking about now?
Well… Lots of things…
- How do I get back to active blogging? With work travel for about 10-15 days in a month to locations with no internet connectivity and of course work, blogging takes a back seat. And when I am back home, then life and its jingbang coupled with lethargy and poor internet connectivity take precedence.
- And poor internet connectivity reminds me that I must get a new ISP real soon. Stabbing the Reload page again and again is not my idea of exploring the world wide web. Have applied for a new FTTH connection, but the company is taking its own sweet time to install it. Actually, they have to lay down new fibre cables in our area and knowing the public sector giant, it’s not gonna happen anytime soon.
- That I need to pack for I am traveling for a week tomorrow.
- Which books to carry? Earlier, I used to fret and fume when I visited places with poor internet. But now, I look at these places a bit differently. With no TV and phones to distract, I look forward to read in all the available free time. And I have read quite a few books this month!!
- When will I get to respond to the comments on my blog and do some blog-hopping? This plays a lot on my mind and yet I don’t do much about it.
- That I hadn’t missed swimming in the pool today. The swimming pool maintenance equipment conked off so the authorities closed the pool. Also on my mind is a wish that my co-swimmers (mostly young girls and a few ladies) wear actual swimwear and not their cotton night wears or regular clothes in the pool. Despite subtly sharing that cotton clothes can hold detergents, germs, and bacteria in them, which can be released into the water. And these can cause allergy or sickness and even affect the water chemistry and clarity. But they just don’t get it that wearing a swim suit which is made of nylon or lycra, reduces the risk of contaminating the pool with waterborne illness and contaminants.
- That people are so mind-numbingly stupid! Got a message on whatsapp that a member of Rajasthan state commission for women clicked a ‘selfie’ with a rape survivor! Such an irresponsible act from a person who is supposed to be facilitate redressal of grievances and to accelerate the socio-economic development of women.
- That I need to find time to blog despite the challenges.
- That I did write this post in a record time and that a free write bails me out every time I am stuck.
What’s on your mind? Do share!
June 30, 2016 4:49 pm|
I was just thinking today that it’s been a while since I read any personal posts on your blog and bang, this crops up!
Totally get what you mean about free write opening up new avenues of thought. With you on the swimwear. What is it with people?! Saw that selfie news too and it saddened me, greatly so. What have we done to ourselves as a society?
As for you, take your time and write when you can. 🙂 We are all waiting.
June 30, 2016 5:06 pm|
No Net is such a bummer. Well you write writ write in peace then post post post whenever you get Net coverage. But it’s a pain. And that bit about people in the pool in home clothes. .ugh. One needs to have rules.
June 30, 2016 5:51 pm|
I know. I was thinking about you, wondering when you will have time to blog. Don’t stress too much. Sometimes life does not give you time to pursue your hobbies.
June 30, 2016 6:06 pm|
Missed your fiction posts, Shilpa! I do hope the blogging gods figure out a way to grant you 24×7 internet access!
I guess those swimming group people will only understand once they have met someone who has been negatively affected because of wearing cotton clothes in the swimming pool. Or if there is a sale for Lycra swimming clothes in the vicinity.
Do take care, and keep writing! 🙂
June 30, 2016 6:42 pm|
Was on vacation to India and could not read quite a few of your posts….He seriously took that selfie?God!,…Here in Singapore we get swim wear that fully covers one like pants and a tshirt…maybe if those were available the women would be more comfortable!
June 30, 2016 8:17 pm|
*lol* I did one of those ‘stream-of-consciousness’ posts last year. It was fun…and funny. If it was in my mind, it came out in the post – with the proviso that it had to be ‘family friendly’.
So glad to hear from you again, Shilpa! No worries, though, we’ll keep the internet warm for ya! 😉
June 30, 2016 9:31 pm|
Take time out and smell the roses Shilpa! I’m en route as I write, overnighting at a BnB. Tomorrow is the last lap down to the sea! (I know you’re having difficulty accessing my posts but do NOT worry! Thank you for trying!)
July 1, 2016 8:55 am|
Thank God you are thinking about worldly every day day-to-day stuff and not “how to solve world’s hunger problem”.
July 2, 2016 6:30 am|
From a selfie with a rape victim to pool,you have a lot on your mind…
Keep writing as much as you can and as often as you can.
July 7, 2016 1:58 pm|
Shilpa! I miss seeing you in action here. And that swimming costumes, does’nt the pool incharge lay restrictions?. In our pool, only spandex costumes are allowed, else they can infect others with cotton and other materials. I am glad you are still a voracious reader Shilpa. Keep at it and hope to see you often but then take care of your priorities.