What Am I Thinking About Now?
What am I thinking about now?
Well… Lots of things…
- How do I get back to active blogging? With work travel for about 10-15 days in a month to locations with no internet connectivity and of course work, blogging takes a back seat. And when I am back home, then life and its jingbang coupled with lethargy and poor internet connectivity take precedence.
- And poor internet connectivity reminds me that I must get a new ISP real soon. Stabbing the Reload page again and again is not my idea of exploring the world wide web. Have applied for a new FTTH connection, but the company is taking its own sweet time to install it. Actually, they have to lay down new fibre cables in our area and knowing the public sector giant, it’s not gonna happen anytime soon.
- That I need to pack for I am traveling for a week tomorrow.
- Which books to carry? Earlier, I used to fret and fume when I visited places with poor internet. But now, I look at these places a bit differently. With no TV and phones to distract, I look forward to read in all the available free time. And I have read quite a few books this month!!
- When will I get to respond to the comments on my blog and do some blog-hopping? This plays a lot on my mind and yet I don’t do much about it.
- That I hadn’t missed swimming in the pool today. The swimming pool maintenance equipment conked off so the authorities closed the pool. Also on my mind is a wish that my co-swimmers (mostly young girls and a few ladies) wear actual swimwear and not their cotton night wears or regular clothes in the pool. Despite subtly sharing that cotton clothes can hold detergents, germs, and bacteria in them, which can be released into the water. And these can cause allergy or sickness and even affect the water chemistry and clarity. But they just don’t get it that wearing a swim suit which is made of nylon or lycra, reduces the risk of contaminating the pool with waterborne illness and contaminants.
- That people are so mind-numbingly stupid! Got a message on whatsapp that a member of Rajasthan state commission for women clicked a ‘selfie’ with a rape survivor! Such an irresponsible act from a person who is supposed to be facilitate redressal of grievances and to accelerate the socio-economic development of women.
- That I need to find time to blog despite the challenges.
- That I did write this post in a record time and that a free write bails me out every time I am stuck.
What’s on your mind? Do share!