11 Clever Jokes Specifically For People Who Love Books
By a show of hands, tell me if you love to read. Okay, now you can get back to your book… Just kidding!
A little bit of pun and fun wordplay can add smiles in our dull days. So here are some 11 clever jokes specifically for people who love books. Read on to giggle, groan, and guffaw!
1. What’s the difference between cats and a comma?
Cats have claws at the end of their paws and commas are a pause at the end of a clause.
2. I’m reading a book about anti-gravity and it’s impossible to put down.
3. What’s the difference between a chatterbox and a dull book?
You can shut the book up!
4. Why did Shakespeare write only in ink?
Because, he couldnt decide which pencil to use… 2B or not 2B
5. Yesterday a book fell on my head…
Well, I only have my shelf to blame!
6. I recently started a literature group for inmates
It’s got it’s prose and cons.
7. A second glance is all that’s needed for a book re-view
8. I went into the local library and asked if they had any books on floor panels.
“No” the librarian replied, “We keep them on shelves here”.
9. Just read a book on Stockholm Syndrome. Started off terribly, but thought it was great by the time I finished it.
10. I’m looking for a book on how to fix automatic gearboxes, but the library only has manuals.
11. I went to the local book shop and asked where the self help section was. The shop assistant told me that if she told me where it was, that would defeat the purpose.
Did these make you smile? Which one did you like the most? Do you have any literary jokes or puns? Share them with us!