11 Clever Jokes Specifically For People Who Love Books
By a show of hands, tell me if you love to read. Okay, now you can get back to your book… Just kidding!
A little bit of pun and fun wordplay can add smiles in our dull days. So here are some 11 clever jokes specifically for people who love books. Read on to giggle, groan, and guffaw!
1. What’s the difference between cats and a comma?
Cats have claws at the end of their paws and commas are a pause at the end of a clause.
2. I’m reading a book about anti-gravity and it’s impossible to put down.
3. What’s the difference between a chatterbox and a dull book?
You can shut the book up!
4. Why did Shakespeare write only in ink?
Because, he couldnt decide which pencil to use… 2B or not 2B
5. Yesterday a book fell on my head…
Well, I only have my shelf to blame!
6. I recently started a literature group for inmates
It’s got it’s prose and cons.
7. A second glance is all that’s needed for a book re-view
8. I went into the local library and asked if they had any books on floor panels.
“No” the librarian replied, “We keep them on shelves here”.
9. Just read a book on Stockholm Syndrome. Started off terribly, but thought it was great by the time I finished it.
10. I’m looking for a book on how to fix automatic gearboxes, but the library only has manuals.
11. I went to the local book shop and asked where the self help section was. The shop assistant told me that if she told me where it was, that would defeat the purpose.
Did these make you smile? Which one did you like the most? Do you have any literary jokes or puns? Share them with us!
April 11, 2020 9:34 am|
These are so clever where do you find them? I love the last self help one 🙂
April 11, 2020 11:29 am|
Yes they did.
April 11, 2020 11:31 am|
Nice collection of puns you’ve got there.
April 11, 2020 11:39 am|
Imagine books falling off our shelves on our heads! And we have our shelf to blame!
Nice ones, Shilpa.
Had read some of these earlier. Great to read and smile 🙂
April 11, 2020 1:08 pm|
1,2,3,8 and 11 was very funny for me and I smiled right through, clever and witty. Thanks for bringing smile on my face.
April 11, 2020 1:08 pm|
All good jokes. But I love # 4.
April 11, 2020 4:19 pm|
All these jokes perked me up. I liked 2B or not 2B the most so also about the self-help books section.
April 12, 2020 8:04 pm|
April 11, 2020 5:13 pm|
Laughed at them all but the Shakespeare one really cracked me up!
J is for …
April 11, 2020 6:28 pm|
hahaha…can’t stop laughing!! Again an amazing post
April 11, 2020 6:52 pm|
It’s always good to laugh. I liked the last one on self-help books the best! Weekends In Maine
April 11, 2020 7:18 pm|
Ha ha The Shakespeare one and the self-help one are too good. Will definitely forward it to my bookworm friends.
April 11, 2020 7:36 pm|
April 11, 2020 10:00 pm|
Hahha loved these clever quips! Really enjoying your interesting posts.
April 11, 2020 10:21 pm|
Loved the jokes so much buddy, loved all but the Shakespeare one was truly something else
April 12, 2020 12:17 am|
Indeed some clever jokes. Nice one
April 12, 2020 12:42 am|
They were the worst of puns and the best of puns. Literally. Thanks
April 12, 2020 12:47 am|
hehehh! Some are indeed so funny! 2B or not 2B, LOL
April 12, 2020 2:59 pm|
Self help joke is too funny.
April 12, 2020 8:21 pm|
Excellent very different and loved reading through.
April 12, 2020 8:31 pm|
April 12, 2020 10:11 pm|
Good ones, Shilpa. Some of them were new to me.
April 13, 2020 12:28 am|
Laughter, the best medicine!
April 13, 2020 8:51 am|
Hehe… i love clever one liners… unlike most, I dont cringe at the sight of a pun
April 13, 2020 11:20 pm|
ha ha good one shilpa, loved them all, but most favorite is..we can shut up the dull book. each post is unique and loving each topic.
April 13, 2020 11:28 pm|
Lol these were dope!!! Nice collection, enjoyed reading them!
April 17, 2020 10:17 pm|
Those jokes cracked me up! And yes, I got all of them. 😀