25 Quotes About Libraries, The Most Magical Places On Earth
I love libraries. I have spent innumerable hours in my school library, the club library in our colony, the college library and then a circulating library which was within walking distance from our home, for several years. It is these libraries that turned the reader in me into a serial reader. The librarians of all these places made a library worth visiting. When I thought that I could find information on my own, they were there to help me understand it. And when they didn’t know the answers I was looking for, they helped me find it. This post is to honor of the coolest places and coolest people I know, the libraries and the librarians! Here are 25 quotes about libraries, the most magical places on earth
1. When in doubt, go to the library.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
2. I had found my religion: nothing seemed more important to me than a book. I saw the library as a temple
The Words by Jean-Paul Sartre
3. He loved libraries. Nowhere else in the world felt so safe and homey. Nowhere else smelled like books and dust and happy solitude quite like a library did.
First Kill by Heather Brewer
4. The atmosphere of the place soothed her automatically; the rich lantern lights, the sheer scent of paper and leather, and the fact that everywhere she looked, there were books, books, beautiful books.
The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman
5. A library is a place vibrating with ideas.
Nancy Kunhardt Lodge
6. A library is a house of hope. It’s a place where we all, whatever our situation, can feed our ideas and develop our dreams.
7. The library is like a candy store where everything is free.
8. The idea of a library full of books, the books full of knowledge, fills me with fear and love and courage and endless wonder.
9. If I could live in the library, I would.
10. When I enter a library, I feel I’ve come home.
Here are some more Quotes About Libraries
11. If you want to find your happy place, just go to the library.
Lizzie K Foley
12. There is no problem a library card can’t solve.
13. I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of a Library.
Jorge Luis Borges
14. The only thing that you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library.
15. I have found the most valuable thing in my wallet is my library card.
16. You want weapons? We’re in a library. Books are the best weapon in the world. This room’s the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself!
Russell T Davies
17. Cutting libraries during a recession is like cutting hospitals during a plague.
18. Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.
19. Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries.
20. A library is the only single place you can go to learn something new, be comforted, terrified, thrilled, saddened, overjoyed, or excited all in one day. And for free.
21. People can lose their lives in libraries. They ought to be warned.
22. A library is the delivery room for the birth of ideas, a place where history comes to life.
23. To add a library to a house is to give that house a soul.
24. I ransack public libraries, and find them full of sunk treasure.
25. A library is a place where you can lose your innocence without losing your virginity.
Tell me, which is your favourite quote about libraries from these? Which quote resonates with you the most?
April 20, 2020 1:38 am|
‘The library is like a candy store where everything is free’. this one sounds very cute to me. I am imagining a small kids totally mesmerized when s(he) enter s library and sees the abundance of books.
‘Cutting libraries during a recession is like cutting hospitals during a plague.’ I can feel the pain I will be having if they start to cut down the libraries.
April 20, 2020 2:36 am|
I love your quote numbers 7 and 11.
April 20, 2020 6:43 am|
Lovely quotes. Before the lockdown happened, someone from the society opened a mini library. I was so happy to see it and had a huge smile when I entered the library. I started taking my daughter who is also a book worm … hopefully the library functions once the lockdown is lifted.
April 20, 2020 7:02 am|
I always love reading quotes, Shilpa and your list is super awesome. All quotes are amazing, specially “There is no problem, that a library card can not solve…”. was super cool. I completely believe in this statement.
April 20, 2020 7:59 am|
Whenever we shift our base, one of the things that is on priority is finding the right place to reside. Apart from checking whether the place is in a good neighbourhood, I do make sure that there is a library near by. Library apart from being a good source of information, knowledge and entertainment is a great place to have connections and build a network in the new city!
So for me, the quote by Albert Einstein, “The only thing that you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library” holds true!
April 20, 2020 10:27 am|
I have fallen in love with your post. I adore the magic of libraries and being an avid reader, I have explored many of them all over. Thank you for this wonderful insight into the soulful place.
April 20, 2020 10:32 am|
Quite an interesting post. Library has been my temple since I was in pre-primary. I had spent more time sitting in college library than college canteen. In Mumbai, I miss libraries, most of them in my area are shutting down. Even small bookshops
April 20, 2020 10:34 am|
Library is where all the magic happens. Love the quotes. 🙂
April 20, 2020 11:12 am|
What a beautiful collection of library quotes! We had a new library opened near our house. My son and I are members there. At 4 years, I tried to introduce him to the world of books hoping he turns out to be a bigger bibliophile than me.
April 20, 2020 12:23 pm|
Beautiful quotes Shilpa. And yes, I agree, you said it right. Library is the most beautiful magical place in earth.
April 20, 2020 1:20 pm|
These are all priceless quotes Shilpa and after reading them I too am able to find my religion (refer quote number 2 above) . Felt so good to read all of the above
April 20, 2020 3:31 pm|
Strangely enough even though I love books, libraries were not my thing. My kindle library however is precious.
April 20, 2020 3:33 pm|
There is nothing to beat a physical library. It here that i accidentally discovered many rare books. Even worked for sometime as a librarian.
April 20, 2020 3:49 pm|
Being an avid reader, the library is my happy place. Loves all these quotes!
April 20, 2020 3:56 pm|
Libraries definitely have some unspoken magic! I have such fond childhood memories of libraries.
April 20, 2020 5:59 pm|
I had found my religion: nothing seemed more important to me than a book. I saw the library as a temple
The Words by Jean-Paul Sartre
Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful quotes. Could relate so much to all of them
April 20, 2020 6:36 pm|
Loved them, Shilpa. When people say libraries are dead, it gives me the heebie jeebies. Cannot imagine a world without libraries.
April 20, 2020 11:18 pm|
Very nice quotes, Shilpa.
I agree with all. I was really thinking I would have loved to be in a library this lockdown.
April 21, 2020 10:18 am|
I liked all the quotes shilpa among them which stood out for me was 5, 10, 15, 22 and 25 I felt tickled. I used to visit the library in my college and I would love the place, I was not so fond of library in the school – but college there were days I used to be even whole day in the library. I had some nuns who were very friendly and kind and used to help me find the right books especially for completing my assignments. I am feeling grateful thinking of them – thanks you brought thankfulness today as I thought about those sisters who worked in the library.
April 22, 2020 2:45 am|
Wonderful quotes about libraries. I think my favorite is “Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” by Neil Gaiman. How true in our current time.Weekends In Maine
April 22, 2020 7:28 pm|
This is so amazing. Literally libraries are the most magical places on Earth…now I really miss going to one and getting lost for hours.
April 24, 2020 8:09 am|
I consider myself so fortunate to have worked at the college library while studying! It was just the best job (other than my current one). If ever I have to find another, that would be it!
April 27, 2020 6:37 pm|
I so miss libraries right now. Online just isn’t the same.
May 1, 2023 11:10 am|
This article reminds me of my college days. I love to visit college street and searched a lot of books