25 Quotes About Libraries, The Most Magical Places On Earth
I love libraries. I have spent innumerable hours in my school library, the club library in our colony, the college library and then a circulating library which was within walking distance from our home, for several years. It is these libraries that turned the reader in me into a serial reader. The librarians of all these places made a library worth visiting. When I thought that I could find information on my own, they were there to help me understand it. And when they didn’t know the answers I was looking for, they helped me find it. This post is to honor of the coolest places and coolest people I know, the libraries and the librarians! Here are 25 quotes about libraries, the most magical places on earth
1. When in doubt, go to the library.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
2. I had found my religion: nothing seemed more important to me than a book. I saw the library as a temple
The Words by Jean-Paul Sartre
3. He loved libraries. Nowhere else in the world felt so safe and homey. Nowhere else smelled like books and dust and happy solitude quite like a library did.
First Kill by Heather Brewer
4. The atmosphere of the place soothed her automatically; the rich lantern lights, the sheer scent of paper and leather, and the fact that everywhere she looked, there were books, books, beautiful books.
The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman
5. A library is a place vibrating with ideas.
Nancy Kunhardt Lodge
6. A library is a house of hope. It’s a place where we all, whatever our situation, can feed our ideas and develop our dreams.
7. The library is like a candy store where everything is free.
8. The idea of a library full of books, the books full of knowledge, fills me with fear and love and courage and endless wonder.
9. If I could live in the library, I would.
10. When I enter a library, I feel I’ve come home.
Here are some more Quotes About Libraries
11. If you want to find your happy place, just go to the library.
Lizzie K Foley
12. There is no problem a library card can’t solve.
13. I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of a Library.
Jorge Luis Borges
14. The only thing that you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library.
15. I have found the most valuable thing in my wallet is my library card.
16. You want weapons? We’re in a library. Books are the best weapon in the world. This room’s the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself!
Russell T Davies
17. Cutting libraries during a recession is like cutting hospitals during a plague.
18. Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.
19. Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries.
20. A library is the only single place you can go to learn something new, be comforted, terrified, thrilled, saddened, overjoyed, or excited all in one day. And for free.
21. People can lose their lives in libraries. They ought to be warned.
22. A library is the delivery room for the birth of ideas, a place where history comes to life.
23. To add a library to a house is to give that house a soul.
24. I ransack public libraries, and find them full of sunk treasure.
25. A library is a place where you can lose your innocence without losing your virginity.
Tell me, which is your favourite quote about libraries from these? Which quote resonates with you the most?